Sunday, September 30, 2012

Golden skippers and purple asters....

Lots of Skippers and lots of purple asters.  Little "fighter planes" parked on the fall flowers.
 I can't identify them, but I like photographing them.
 Both the bee and the skipper took over the center of a flower :-)


 A couple of different kinds

 A side view for a change.






Skipping through the flowers.....is that how they get their name?

7 comments:

Roy said...

You are certainly seeing a lot of butterflies now Mary, lovely shots.

Kerri Farley said...

Wonderful series! Not sure how they got their name but that would be cool if that was the way they did :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures of these little guys.I like that fighter plane look.

Kathie Brown said...

Mary, that's an interesting thought, "skipping through the flowers..."! Lovely pictures!

Farida said...

These series of photos sure have a beautiful story to tell.

Enjoy the rest of the week :)

John T. said...

The New England Asters are in full bloom around here too and they're one of my favorite wildflowers. I love seeing the bright purples on the side of the road. What a bonus to have the skipper on the blooms.

Rose said...

It is as if you paid them to pose for you!