We stopped by Mouteau Park hoping to find some butterflies and did find a few of the late summer, fall ones hanging around these white flowers along the lake.
A Checkered White.....not a butterfly that I see very often.
I liked the moody look of this shot. The plants were blowing in the wind so hard, I had trouble locking in on the butterfly! Taking distant shots helped at times.
This butterfly blends so well with his chosen flower.
Sitting high
This Little Yellow Sulphur was being shy. I like his little eye peeking out from behind the leaf. This butterfly is only about an inch and a half in size.
The Clouded Sulphur is about twice the size and not as intense yellow. Both hate to sit still for the photographer and I never manage to get them open.
There was one thistle plant and it was very popular but when it sways in the wind, I can't keep up with the butterfly to focus. A skipper was hiding on the left side.
A Skipper and a little bug on the Thistle.
The white flowers were attracting lots of Pearl Crescents and Buckeyes.
The color combo of the white flowers, orange/brown butterflies and the lovely green leaves was really pretty.
Pearl Crescent and Buckeye.
Pearl Crescent alone
Two of the Crescents and a Buckeye trying to get out of the photo.
10 comments:
Hi Mary...Stunning photos ..I just love the butterflies and so soon they will be gone!! The white on white is beautiful!!
Grace
Gorgeous! The white flowers give a peaceful look to the pictures. Amazing photography.
I think that first picture with the white on white is really stunning. Whatever those white flowers were, they must have tasted good.
Wow! super images Mary.
You did see a lot of good specimens.
Very beautiful pictures of Nature it its best, Mary!! Love them all!
Gorgeous! The white butterflies on the white flowers are my favorite, but the Buckeye and Pearl Crescent on the white is a close second! Love the new header picture, too!
These are Fab! I love it when they share!
Lovely photos. Seems like there are so many butterflies around here this summer.
I just love the buckeyes...I think they are so beautiful.
How lucky you are to go some place it get at least photos of butterflies. I've seen a Pearl Crescent in my garage a few times, but it won't sit still and they are so tiny..
Post a Comment