Saturday, September 15, 2012

Heron and turtles....

Any walk at the wetlands usually includes a Great Blue Heron and turtles!
 "Big Blue" was standing near the boardwalk when I arrived.  I knew it would move as soon as I started along the walk.
Had to get a couple shots before it flew away.  I always hate to disturb them, but can't get across the boardwalk unless I do.  This one must live there and is fairly unconcerned about people who come by.  It didn't go far away....just to the other side of the small pond.
 I take so many turtle shots, but sometimes that is mostly what I see :-)  There is something irresistible about them that makes me want to take their photos.....or maybe I just am "trigger happy" when it comes to having a camera in my hands and shoot everything I come across.  It's a "disease" caused by holding a camera in your hand.
 This one was right below me from the bridge and didn't seem inclined to slip into the water.
Gave me the opportunity to focus in a bit closer then normal.
 I wondered about the shell on this one.  Old, maybe?
 These two were surrounded in vegetation.
Soaking up the sun.

4 comments:

Rose said...

I would shoot turtles, too, if given the opportunity! And that is a lovely Great Blue Heron.

I am never happier than when hearing the shutter of my camera, or the sewing machine humming along.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Amazing pictures. I love those algae covered turtles.Keep on shooting an sharing,it is the only cure for the 'camera' disease. :)

Becky said...

I really like all your turtle shots. I don't see many, so I just come to your blog...

Judy said...

I like that first shot of the great blue!! I seldom get that close...
This morning, I startled a couple of green herons, before I even saw them!