Saturday, May 19, 2012

Teen Geese part 1....

We made an early evening stop at the wetlands and I checked up on the little geese from my header shot.
 OK....this is a duck, not a goose, but I liked this shot :-)
The light was right for interesting patterns and ripples on the water as well as the geese of all sizes. 
 The "teenage" geese look nothing like those cute little yellow things in my header shot now.
 They are growing new feathers and picking out the downy fluff.  
You can even see the chin strap starting to show on this one.....just like its parent who stuck out its head for the comparison!
 The tails are starting to grow....very cute.
 Stretching out the neck like dad/mom.
Big goose, little goose. 
The family portrait. 
Flexing wings in the twilight. 
Four little geese showing off new tails.
I'll post some more tomorrow.

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Great! I don't think I have ever seen 'teenage' geese before;-) Interesting! The goose flexing his wings in the twilight reminds me of a ballerina. Thanks for posting these!

Ruth Hiebert said...

They grow so fast.Those little tails are quite cute.

George said...

I agree with Ruth -- they are definitely growing fast. I'm glad you posted that first picture of the duck. I really like the perspective of that photo.

grammie g said...

HI Mary...Love that header..
It is amazing how fast the bird world kid'o grow !!
The reflection in the big and little shot is nice and the family portrait is a good one..: }}}
Hope all is well with you!
Grace

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ah--how cute... I love seeing them when they are little like this. The parents are SUCH great parents, aren't they????

The little ones certainly do grow quickly..
Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

I can't believe how big they have gotten. They are just so cute.

Rose said...

I have not been anywhere to see any babies, though a few weeks ago I seen a mama on a nest.