Friday, May 11, 2012

I always get the nicest presents....

God always sends me something very nice for my birthday :-)  Here are a few of my presents yesterday.
I especially like when the baby birds began to arrive!  These baby Downys are pretty big already, but I got to watch the daddy Downy feeding one of them on the big suet block.  They hung around on that Ash Tree most of the day.  It's a little far and shady for great shots, but I enjoyed watching them.
 I think this is one of the little ones, too.  It was exploring all the feeders.
The Titmouse wasn't as happy about seeing it as I was :-)
I have several little Chipping Sparrows hanging around and hope to see babies with them soon.
 I think they are one of the prettiest sparrows and fairly friendly.  I can sit outside nearby and they just go about their eating like I'm not there.
Got a little more light on this one.
 Several female Cardinals stopped by......
......and lots of males were about, too.
 The female Goldfinch catching a bit of sun that makes her look almost as yellow as her mate.
 A male Goldfinch giving me a chance to study its wing and tail feathers.
 For some reason I always think of Moe from the Three Stooges when I see them from the front! (and I hate the Three Stooges)
An interesting pose.
Of course the squirrels came by.
 I took these bee photos last week and just found them in the camera.

 Last week's moon, too.  I am always amazed that we can capture the craters....especially on the edge...with our everyday cameras!
And a beautiful sunset from last week.  Unfortunately the neighbor's trees are getting very big and I have trouble finding a spot to catch the color.
A lovely day, a lovely week.  God is good!

7 comments:

Rose said...

Mary, Happy Birthday!!! Even if a day late....I am so sorry I missed it.

Dorothy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Mary! God really DID send you lots of nice gifts! He sends them every day, but sometimes we just have to look harder to find them. All of these are lovely pictures! Our Goldfinch are all gone north to you:-( Enjoy!
Happy Mother's Day!

Janice K said...

Happy Birthday, Mary....Yes, God's special gifts are always wonderful! Hope it is a good year for you.

A Colorful World said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Mary!!!! I hope it was wonderful! God is definitely good! Love your baby downy pics and the goldfinches are so pretty. I have to say that bee shot was really great and so was the moon shot...moon shot ba-dump-bump! :-) I always feel like doing a drumroll when I say something about my "fence posts" too. Anyway, hope you did something special for your special day. I am writing the date down so I can remember next year!

Roy said...

Many happy returns Mary, lovely presents.

Don Wood said...

Happy birthday Mary

grammie g said...

HI Mary...You had a birthday ....I don't have them anymore ; }
Happy belated Birthday to you my friend!!
Great time of year when the young start to venture cut!!
I love the Chipping Sparrow, so little and sweet, and the Goldfinch so amazing how there coloration changes...Ya God is good!!
Grace