I haven't been out to take photos much this week, so I don't have much to post. I went back through my last few photo sessions and found some stuff I forgot to post. Probably won't post any more for a few days unless we go somewhere.
The last time we went to Blue Grass we saw a couple of herons stalking the edge of the lake.

I think these are young Horned Larks. There were 4 of them hanging around with a Killdeer. I couldn't get any closer without scaring them away.



Killdeer
Robin on the "Public Access" sign....guess that means him, too.
An old nest in a dead tree.
Went to Howell wetlands on Thursday and saw a Green Heron, but he was pretty far away.
They are sort of "goofy" looking when they stretch out.
Mr. Red-Wing Blackbird wanted me to go away from where his Mrs. had a nest in the weeds along the lake edge.
Keeping his eye on me.
A turtle sticking it's head up out of the duckweed briefly.
A couple of Canada Geese sitting in the shade.
At home my Phlox is blooming and the black swallowtail likes it a lot, but wouldn't hold still.
The "brat pack".....my name for the little House Sparrows, stop at the fountain at least once a day. They always travel in a pack of about 6. I wish the other birds would have as many babies as the House Sparrows do!
Went to Howell wetlands on Thursday and saw a Green Heron, but he was pretty far away.
They are sort of "goofy" looking when they stretch out.
Mr. Red-Wing Blackbird wanted me to go away from where his Mrs. had a nest in the weeds along the lake edge.
Keeping his eye on me.
A turtle sticking it's head up out of the duckweed briefly.
A couple of Canada Geese sitting in the shade.
At home my Phlox is blooming and the black swallowtail likes it a lot, but wouldn't hold still.That's it until I go somewhere interesting.
5 comments:
Hi Mary, I've never seen a Horned Lark before. Hope you can get a close-up sometime.
Love the herons, the killdeer, the robin, the blackbird, the geese and the turtle....
Lots of good pictures. Thanks!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
The Swallowtail on the Phox is a lovely picture.I enjoyed all the different birds.You seem to find a lot of variety on your excursions.Hope the weekend is a fun one.
Blessings,Ruth
Anything you post is interesting Mary.
I've never seen a Horned Lark. Don't even know if they are around here.
Love the turtle in the Duckweed, and I sure do like your water fountain!
Have a great week-end.
B.
I wonder if the robin had stopped to read the sign Mary? :) I have not heard of a Horned Lark either but then you have so many species we do not have here. It is always nice to learn about new ones.
I'm glad you went through your photos to find and post these. I really like the picture of the butterfly and the phlox.
Post a Comment