My wetlands walks are beginning to all look the same...butterflies, turtles and praying mantis. I took these photos a week ago, but never posted them. They are so much like what I've taken the last few times I've been at the wetlands.
It was nice to see this Gray Hairstreak. It was even willing to pose open for me.
I saw several of the Buckeyes.
This one was new....a Variegated Fritillary, I think. I chased it down the path, but it never gave me a very good shot.
Only saw one praying mantis this time, but it had a victim in its clutches.
Painted Lady
Unidentified Skipper :-)
Sulphur.....the photo below gives sort of a see-through view of what the wings look like if it would ever open up for me! I never manage to catch them in an open position. They like to hide the pretty side :-)
This Swallowtail was in my own front yard, but I was happy to see it!
Swallows above the creek at the wetlands.
And lots of turtles :-) The tree reflections made it interesting and rather dwarfed the turtles.
This log opening just caught my eye.
I'll probably go to the wetlands again tomorrow....maybe I'll find something new, but if I don't there will always be turtles :-)
7 comments:
I just got the toot to sleep a little while ago...we went to bed around 9:30. Anyway, had just came here and had not even had time to count the turtles--sure is a pile of them. And you got so many butterfly shots, too.
More great butterfly shots Mary.
Turtles bask in the sun and it is their right. We also like the sun. Let heats as long as possible.
I enjoyed seeing the Grey Hairstreak==I've never seen one like that.
I know what you mean - the world seems to be holding its breath just now, and I am left wondering - is this photo today's, or yesterday's? But at least you have turtles!
The butterfly pictures are fantastic.Yes,looks like you have an abundant supply of turtles. :)
Good, good pictures Mary. You have the best places to go. NO butterflies here again. I went to my favorite greenhouse in Erie last week, and there was a Fritillary on the Verbena outside the greenhouses, so I did get pictures, but I've seen nothing more.Just love all the turtle shots too. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment