Saturday, May 28, 2011

Killdeer bath time....

We went to Blue Grass FWA last week and one of my favorite things was watching this Killdeer take advantage of the puddles to have a nice bath.  I'm glad to know all our rain is good for something.
Reflecting
OK.....get ready for the plunge
Wiggle all over
Rest a minute
Wiggle some more......
....head dunk!
Ah....that felt good
"What a great day for bathing!"
"I'm so pretty....oh, so pretty....and clean"

10 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...what a funny post...I like your last caption!!
Such great entertainment in nature!!

Dorothy said...

Mary, this is so cute! I love these pictures!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute post, Mary.... I love watching the birds take a bath... TOO CUTE.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

This is perfect. I love seeing those action shots.

Janice K said...

I'd say you were there just at the right time. It must have been fun to watch!

Roy said...

A great set of images Mary.

Becky said...

I can never get good pictures of the Killdeer. Yours are excellant.
B.

Cicero Sings said...

A great series and commentary. We don't seem to have as many killdeers as usual this year. I don't think their breeding in past years has been very prolific ... too many egg stealing crows around.

Rose said...

that last one is Lorelei...when she was younger I used to get her out of the bath and to get her to sit still while I combed her hair, I would tell her I was making her all pretty...it was not long till she was telling her mom, 'I pretty.'

Kerri Farley said...

How Cuuuuuute!