I've been trying to gather these wildflower photos.....making a long post....but I want all my flower photos together.

Fairy Duster

Prickly Poppy known as "Cowboy's Fried Egg"

I thought it was pretty and we only saw 2 or 3 plants of it.


I included this one with the bug for Joan :-)

Globe Mallow

Globe Mallow closer.

Penstemon

Penstemon close up

Lupine

Lupine close up

Meadow Flax

Mexican Goldpoppy

I really like the poppies and often we found huge beds of them.

Here they are mixed with Bladderpod

I think this is just a more orange poppy

Distant shot of the fields of Bladderpod and Poppies.

Desert Marigold

Desert Dandelion?

Don't know....thought it was Bladderpod. but now I'm not sure.

Bladderpod

Rock Gilia

Scorpionweed plus some little white flower

Rock Gilia

Blue Dicks


I just like this shot with the barbed wire across the beautiful flowers.

Desert Zinna

Desert Chicory

Maybe.....White Tackstem?

White Tackstem

Popcorn Flower....not quite open
Popcorn Flower and Bajada Lupine not open yet.We may not have all of these right.....I should have paid more attention to the greenery and not just the flower itself :-)
14 comments:
LOL!! Thanks for the bug Mary. :) Love it!! WHat beautiful flowers. I think of all of them I like those poppies (we call them buttercups) they look so sunny and bright.
SOme of them are the same as we have here but the most unusual one for me is the popcorn flower - how prety they are.
Love them all!!
So lovely to see them all together like thatMary. Wildflowers are so very beautiful. I do so love it when the desert flowers.
Mary, what an incredible lineup of desert wildflowers. They're awesome- but these are so far out of my geographic range of knowledge, I'll just let them be interesting and beautiful and not try to even put them to genus.
Tom
Just beautiful. I love the desert eggs! The poppies and the zinna. Youre giving me more plant ideas!!!! Thanks Mary!
O Mary! These are just wonderful! Aren't flowers just a perfect gift for human eyes? I always feel happier after seeing flowers. So glad you shared these.
What can I say!! God's plan for each and every flower right down to where it will grow- the intrecate design-color-purpose-is always amazing to me!!Thanks for tour. All beautiful!!!
I usually don't associate beautiful flowers with 'desert', but you've shown us some absolutely gorgeous blooms. Thank you.
What a gorgeous collection of desert flowers!!! It seems that all those stickery plants have lovely blooms. Happy Monday!
Some beautiful wild flowers from the desert there. My favourite is still the Poppy. Hence our Poppy cat! (-: Those cowboys eggs are lovely too.
Beautiful Mary.. I have never seen so many wildflowers in one place. I need to copy them and try to learn some of their names. I do love seeing entire fields turn yellow in spring... Thanks!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Since this is an area unfamiliar to me I will accept any name you give them.OK,the one you referred to as Goldpoppy is commonly known here as California Poppy.Whichever name is right(they may both be right) I love these cheery flowers.
Blessings,Ruth
Beautiful flowers, Mary! What a nice selection and variety, and a sure sign of spring.
Great variety, Mary! That is the first I have seen/heard of the Cowboy's Fried Egg. Like most desert plants, wouldn't want to have a run in with its greenery. =(
I like the shot of the fields of Bladderpod and Poppies. I can only imagine how beautiful the mountainsides look right now. I'm homesick!!
Boy, oh boy, once again you hit the jackpot! Gorgeous flowers!
I'd like to have a rock garden with every one of them. Hummm, guess I'll have to move to Arizona!
B.
Post a Comment