Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Was it something I said?.......

Hmmmmmm.....I don't think this guy likes me! Or maybe it is the food he doesn't like?
The Wren looks a bit grumpy this morning, too.
Come on, guys....Spring is here, cheer up!
The Hairy Woodpecker paid me a visit. They don't come as often as the Downy's.

Here she is by the suet feeder and you can see that she is almost the same size. The beak is much more substantial, too.
The Downy came by later.....only a little over half the size of the feeder.

Those first two customers may not have been happy with the food, but this Titmouse liked the suet just fine!
The Cardinal was happy with his seeds, too. I think that Goldfinch is telling him it is his turn!

I still have a half dozen or more Junco's hanging around cleaning up under the feeders.

The Chickadee found the peanuts I put out. I expected the Titmouse to be the first to find them, but never saw him on the feeder. Maybe tomorrow.

I think he found one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the grumpy Wren Mary .

Eve said...

I love visiting your feeders with you Mary! The first two photos are very funny!!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That first bird has got quite the stare.Maybe you had better get him what he wants.LOL
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

Cute birds and captions! The Carolina Wren is one of my favorite little birds. They can look so grumpy and bossy!! I like to hear their loud song.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

The first two pictures are funny - both with frowns, you caught them well. The cardinal is such a fabulous colour, so showy.

Jenny said...

Two great head on photos Mary. They definitely do look on the grumpy side. Shame on them! Your birds are so well looked after. I always enjoy visiting your feeders! (-:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute Mary..... I always love your birdie pictures. We have Juncos that clean up under the feeders too--but not too many of them. (Or at least I haven't seen them.)

We're enjoying George's birthday trip.... It's been great. We're going home tomorrow ---so I will have lots of pictures to post...

Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

My goodness that Grackle and that Wren sure are giving you the evil eye aren't they? I bet they can't find a better restaurant anywhere. Super shots Mary!
B.

Caroline Gill said...

A great selection, Mary. Your post brought a smile to my face! Wonderful bird photos.

Anonymous said...

Some great pictures Mary. My song birds flew the coop and I am awaiting the snowbirds from the south. My Coal went with his friends I do believe.

I love it when a bird has an expression on his face, or an incredible song to sing.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: That grackle definitely was giving you the evil eye, great photo.