Sunday, March 21, 2010

Squirrel Sunday.....(sort of)

Well......since Star is stuffing his face (as usual!)........let's sneak off to the wetlands and count turtles instead.
9......I like the one acting as the stopper at the front of the line
just 1 here

.......3......

....8......
"Ahoy there!.....this is your captain speaking!"
ah....a small family of 24!

......3.....
....37!......

.....17.....
.....23......OK....that is enough turtles for one day!
We'd better go back and check on Star.

"Did I miss something???"

22 comments:

tony nile life said...

Are these turtles edible. I am sure there would not be that many if they were, looks like the ones on the log are doing the conga.
they have lots of these in a small cage in the zoo in Cairo and it stank to high heaven, as did the rest of the place. love those shots of Star.

tony nile life said...

Sorry to confuse you Mary.
I am blogging under a false name ID, my story on being swindled in Egypt, The police here do not like us bloggers letting out the truth about the corruption here, or the Nile pollution and how its effecting the wildlife not to mention the tourists or even its own people who have to drink and bathe is this polluted river,
sorry forgot to click over you know i must be the only one on your list from Egypt.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I wish Star would pay more attention to what is going on!! How can he miss my pictures for Squirrel Sunday? Please get him to co-operate more Mary. LOL!!

I have NEVER seen so many turtles in one place!! My goodness!! Someone can make a LOT of soup out of that lot. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

That is some funny looking squirrels Mary.{:)

Don Wood said...

Poor Star out shone by TURTLES. There are a lot to count Mary .

Dorothy said...

Star is always so cute! Love to see all the turtles lines up on the logs!!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Star is lovely and mum says she wouldwatch him all day. That place with the turtles looks a magical place to visit.. Great pictures.. Hugs GJ xx

Jenn Jilks said...

They are a hoot! I have a favourite VERY LARGE snapping turtle I spotted last year. I can't wait for the lake ice to melt so I can see my critters again!

abb said...

That Star is so cheeky! I love the photo where all the turtles are overlapping! That takes some doing on their part. I'm otut to look for spring a little later today!

Renee said...

Are you fattening that squirrel up? Star looks very well fed. :) I love turtles, they make me laugh.

grammie g said...

I'M afraid Star is going to have a colesterol problem----well maybe sunflower seed have the good oils!! Those turtles are just to much for words!! Can't believe how many there are!!

Anonymous said...

Marvelous photo series ... love the turtles in their natural habitat (with kewl reflections) and the cute squirrel too.
Hugs and blessings,

me ann my camera said...

What amazing numbers of turtles all grouped together.Great pictures! It will be quite a while before I see turtles here, So nice to see Starr on a Sunday!
Ann

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I've never seen so many turtles in one place in my entire life. They really do love the sunshine --and love sunning themselves, don't they?

I'm even more disgusted than before with our squirrels. Now --some of them are eating off the buds of our Rhododendron.... Are you sure you don't want more in your yard?????

Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

My goodness...what a lot of turtles. I have always loved counting them...

Becky said...

Ha, Ha, I love this one Mary. My goodness what do all those turtles eat?
B.

George said...

Star better watch out or you might have to institute Turtle Sunday. I don't think I've ever seen so many turtles before.

Caroline Gill said...

Only just spotted all these 'ship-mate' turtles! Wonderful post, Mary.

Eve said...

So So So funny Mary!! You crack me up!!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Amazing number of turtles, love your header.

Jenny said...

Brilliant post Mary. Made me smile after my day at work! (-: There's an awful lot of turtles there! I have to say that Star is looking a wee bit porky! I guess he'll be on a diet while you're in AZ! (-:

Lindy said...

More turtles than I've seen in my entire lifetime! Great header photo, too. Star had better hope those aren't snapping turtles! LOL!