Friday, March 19, 2010

SkyWatch Friday....

It's SkyWatch Friday!
An "overdose" of sky! That is how this week seemed. With warmer temperatures and getting out to take photos, the sky was often the star with its changing colors and conditions.One minute blue....

.....and then the clouds rolled in!

Blue sky in the water....
....or in the trees.
Reflections were easy with this water and sky.
We took some new roads....
....and the sky and clouds were in the puddles.

Getting dark....time to go!

A last moody look at the flooded fields and ducks.

....the trees in the water.

Sunset!

But tomorrow.....
.......always another day of sky and hope and Spring!
That's my sky this week. Click on the icon on the sidebar for lots more skies all over the world!

18 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

What a lovely set of pictures for SWF - all beautiful.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Gorgeous shots.I like the idea that there is always tomorrow.Hope you will have a fantastic day.
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

Wonderful series!! I love those showing the reflections in the water!!! Good job!

abb said...

Just beautiful! With all the water - is this just spring coming or are you all flooded?

Rose said...

Wow! I like your new look...and I absolutely love skies like this!

George said...

All of your sky pictures are wonderful. You've captured the many moods of winter skies, including a glorious sunset.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Wonderful the skies and the reflections, nicely captured.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, A bad day will always bring a GOOD one. The sun does come up!!!!!! BUT--you didn't have a BAD day... I love all of your different sky pictures --and that sunset is to die for. Thanks!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Shelley said...

In those first few photos - I really liked the icey blue quality to the sky. The sunset photo was gorgeous too!

SaraG said...

BEAUTIFUL photo's.
I love how much different the sky can be from one minute to the next!!
Take care and have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Super scene shots Mary.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful photo essay! Hard to pick a favorite. wonderful -- thanks for sharing your day; I don't think it was overload at all.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It seems as if you were in for a downpour, those clouds are almost black.

Carletta said...

Mary, these are beautiful! Gorgeous skies!
Your many reflections are just wonderful. You should link in to Weekend Reflections with these. :)
If you are interested check out the link on my current post on my main blog.

Round The Bend.

Jenny said...

What a varied set of skies you had this last week Mary. Great shot, love the reflected trees one.

Anonymous said...

Nice series. The "getting dark" one is quite striking, and it's hard to capture a good photo in those conditions.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! It was a great day.....not only the moody skies, but the ducks and the herons being back. That was all from one afternoon!

happily retired gal said...

What a LOVELY series of sky photos here ... (I especially love the reflection) but they're all wonderful. Enjoyed your delightful UPS surprise discovery too ;-)
Hugs and blessings,