It's SkyWatch Friday....time to view skies all over the world!
On Wednesday, my sky was very overcast, but it was a great day for checking on the migrating geese and ducks at the Henderson Slough area in Kentucky.
An old barn that is falling down.
This one looks in much better shape
Some of the geese and ducks flying overhead.
When we got back home the sky was improving and by Thursday we had sunshine for a change!
Before heading across this bridge to Evansville, we checked the eagle nest area and sure enough, one of the eagles was high in the tree on watch!
We learned later in the day that the female is sitting on eggs already, but the nest looked empty when we took photos. She must have been hunkered down low if she was there. We'll be watching the nest from now on at least once a week.
That's my sky for this week! Click on the SkyWatch icon on the sidebar for more skies around the world.
Thanks SkyWatch team for your faithful hard work to maintain this site!
12 comments:
Looking forward to those Eagle updates.
Blessings,Ruth
It is sad to see and old building fall in,but there is something intriging about them. I really like the barn in your first photo!! The eagle how majestic they are.
For once we had sunny skies. We're going next week to check out the Eagle nest near here.
B.
Ruth: I hope they are as successful this year as last year.
Grammie G: Thanks...I always hating seeing a barn that is falling down, but some become very picturesque when they do.
Becky: Great! I know you need some sunshine. I'm certainly enjoying ours while we have it.
It looks as if you had a very successful SkyWatch even if it was cloudy much of the day. I hope you'll keep us posted on the eagles.
Beautiful Mary... Keep us posted when it comes to the Eagles and their nest.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
George and Betsy: We like watching the eagles especially since it is right in the middle of a heron rookery for added enjoyment :-) Our skies are finally turning blue and signs of spring are here...yeah!
Mary, it looks as though you live in a beautiful area! I worry about the herons if there is an eagle's nest in the middle of the rookery! Smart of the eagles, not so lucky for the herons! I esp. like the photo of the old barn. If those old buildings could talk, huh? Bet there are some stories there! I'll be back! ~karen
Little signs of spring are so encouraging, aren't they? I'm also looking forward to reports from your eagle watching.
Great barn and sky shots, Mary. I don't think the eagles near our house have laid their eggs yet. We were out watching them this afternoon and they didn't spend much time at the nest at all. Will be watching your updates!
I would be wanting to watch that nest every day! Of course I wouldn't be able to...I can't even make it to the strip pits once a week part of the time and they are not more than 6-8 minutes away.
Mary: Neat photo with the neat eagle.
Post a Comment