I didn't intend to post until we got to Arizona, but we passed through Henderson on the way to Nashville yesterday and weren't in a hurry, so we stopped at the eagle's nest and heron rookery. We saw both eagles flying around and ......surprise!.....they went to a new nest! It is a bit further back and more away from the herons. Right now it is really easy to see. It isn't as big or deep as their old nest.
One landing by the nest.
Both in the nest. I was trying to decide watching them, if they are still building this nest. They both appeared to be "fussing" around it, coming and going.
Here one in outside the nest and the one in it just took off and is flying away....low to the left in front of that tree.
After a while one sat in this tree closer to the old nest appearing to be "on guard" while the other stayed in the new nest. Will follow up on this when I get back to Evansville!
When we got to Nashville we drove around a big lake and saw some tame ducks (including some really ugly Muscovy ducks), and some coots and Canada geese. Then we saw turkeys and some deer! What a lot of stuff in a day that was basically just getting us to the airport to leave tomorrow. Won't try to do more photos now. Next post....Arizona.
18 comments:
Well its great to see them Mary.
Great shots of the Eagles, Mary! We hope to go Eagle hunting soon. Have a good trip and God Bless!
Wow!! What a sight. I love all these eagles popping up on all the blogs. It's just so beautiful seeing those white heads from a distance. You'll have to keep us posted with their progress. I went to visit our heronry yesterday too--very busy they were fortifying their nests.
They must have been bored with the old one.It is so nice to see them nesting again. Great shots.
What wonderful captures, Mary. You were so fortunate to see these eagles building or rennovating their nest(s?).
Have a wonderful time in Arizona.
wow oh wow! I would love to live close to those eagles...though I would probably drive them crazy!
So glad you found the new nest.... Now---I'll wait patiently for you to get home from Arizona to see more pictures.
Where were you in Nashville? Percy Priest???? Wish we had have known you were going to be there. We could have driven over there and met you for dinner...
Have a wonderful trip.
Hugs,
Betsy
These are magnificent pictures of the eagles. I hope they continue to cooperate for you when you get back home.
Betsy and I were trying to figure out which lake you drove around on your way to Nashville. We've never encountered deer or turkeys on our visits to the Nashville area.
I would love to se the Eagles at a nest,they are so large,yet so regal.
Blessings,Ruth
Rose told me about your blog, because of your header and a photo I posted. I enjoyed my visit. Beautiful photos here.
Great to see the Eagles back and on a more visible nest! (-: Look forward to an update when you get back. Looking forward even more to some Arizona postings! Have a great time Mary! (-:
How lovely to see them settuing up home and preparing for their chicks.
I hope you guys will have fun with Mom & Mary in Tucson unlike when they were with us in Orlando, all sick and miserable. :-( Safe trip!
Fabulous shots, Mary. We are not able to zoom in that close to the ones here.
Good pictures Mary. It's probably the best you found this nest before you get back. There might be leaves on the trees, and then you wouldn't find it. We're going out in the next couple of days to see if we can find the Eagle nest about 10 miles from here. We did see it last year, but it's almost too far for my camera to get any good shots.
Have fun!
B.
Thank you everyone! I probably won't do a lot of commenting while here. They don't have WiFi so I have to share a computer and time on it.
Oh Mary! This is great. I'm glad you got to see them. You were almost to Huntsville!!
What WONDERFUL photos ... thanks so much for sharing with those of us at home.
Hugs and blessings,
Post a Comment