Sunday, March 28, 2010

Critter Sunday.....

Well.....no squirrels out here so far, so I will post other critters. The bunny come every day....sometimes two of them.
The Gila Woodpecker eating from the hummingbird feeder!

The two types of doves side by side. White-winged on the left and Mourning Dove on the right. Look at the eyes and the feathers.
A fuller view of the White Winged Dove.
I'm pretty sure this is a Red Tailed hawk.....the only type I ever seem to see no matter where I am. However, they don't usually "hang" in the air and allow a slowpoke like me to get a decent photo or two!
First time I ever got air shots that weren't blurs.
Saw this guy while photographing wildflowers in the desert. I have lots of flower shots. We think it is a Side Blotched Lizard?
Another little guy.....an Earless Lizard?
I'm trying to get the flower and cactus shots organized.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post as always Mary You seem to be enjoying your visit and finding plenty to interest you.

grammie g said...

Bunny--so cute. I used to see them all the time until the coyete's moved in!! The doves look like velvet. Lizard's not my thing but I will be waiting to see your flowers when you post them!! Enjoy!!

Arija said...

Great collection of critters. Love the lizards and only hope th bunny was not previous in his gifts, Easter is NEXT Sunday!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for the dove pictures,this really shows the difference. The Red-tailed Hawk is magnificent.
Blessings,Ruth

Jenny said...

Hi Mary, do all your bunnys over there have big ears? Just curious. If you look in Sibley when you get home, you'll see that your Red -tail is typical of those seen in the South west, down to the dark marks at the shoulder and the paler tail. Great flight shot, all those ones taken of geese over the winter are paying off! (-:

Jenny said...

PS: Meant to add that I love those lizard shots too. Something we dont see an awful lot of over here!

Anonymous said...

No squirrels? Don't they know it's Sunday? Slackers!

Love the bunny, and other signs of spring. Looking forward to all the seasonal changes showing up on all my blog-friends blogs.

George said...

You have a wonderful collection of critters even if the squirrels didn't put in an appearance. I can hardly imagine a place without squirrels. We'll be glad to ship a few dozen to your sister if she would like.

AM said...

We miss bunnies.... :-)

Rose said...

Doves are just soooo beautiful...they look to be so gentle and peaceful.

You will laugh when you visit my blogs, especially the Time Stand Still one...except for the tail feathers you would almost think one of yours and one of mine were the same picture.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you are having a great time in Arizona, Mary. You had better warn those doves that there are hawks around. HA!

I laughed at the Gila Woodpecker eating from the hummingbird feeder.... So typical!!!!

Have fun.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

Wonderful shots of your Critters today, Even if Star was missing!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I do like those lizards Mary. Hope you are having a great time. :) I hope Star is not going to mind being left out of the limelight for a couple of weeks and decided to move his home, that would be dreadful!! :)

Eve said...

These are just great Mary. I'm looking forward to my lizards when the heat up comes.