Didn't go anywhere for bird watching yesterday, but the home birds were there as always.
My one....just one....clump of Snowdrops! I keep hoping for them to open a bit more, but took a photo anyway. If you want to see really pretty ones, go to Roy's Fenlandwalker Birding and Countryside Blog.
The Bluebird and the Wren checking out the blue dish.
"This is a mealworm feeder......I don't see any mealworms."
"Suet is 'nice', but I'd rather have mealworms!"
If the Bluebirds stick around, I suppose I will have to check into buying mealworms. They were showing interest in the Bluebird house and even chased away a Titmouse, but later I saw a pair of House Sparrows claiming it as theirs (Boo!) I don't know what to do to discourage the House Sparrows from moving in. The male was being very territorial and guarding it. If we didn't already have a huge House Sparrow population, I wouldn't mind, but I really want the Bluebirds to use it!
The neighbor's yard was bursting with Robins on Sunday.
My Brown Creeper is still around! I keep trying to get a better shot. I took these with the front door standing open, but when I tried to get a little closer, it flew away.
I really want to see more of this bird. It is fun to watch it going up and down the tree.
You all know about my dead Dogwood tree that I disguise with a vine growing over it. The Downy female was looking for bugs in the dead tree. You can see that it is losing a lot of bark in spots.
13 comments:
Another good collection Mary, the Bluebird is really special.
Her in Maine we are so ready to see snowdrops and bluebirds. Your blog is my favorite, check it every day!!
I always enjoy seeing your wonderful bird pictures! The Bluebirds are so sweet!
Your one clump of Snowdrops is one more clump of blossoms than we have, and our flowers are now under snow again! I really like your pictures of the bluebirds.
I love, love, love the snowdrops - my tulips and crocuses are enjoying an early spring here in ME. Well, until it snows again.
I have a pair of Creepers that spiral their way up and down my big pines. They are sneaky lil' critters to capture, speaking from experience. Great snaps!
You make me miss my Bluebirds terribly. Hopefully it won't be long now! :)
where is your snow???
Great shots.
Gill in Canada
That is a cool shot of the towhee! Of course I love the little wren! If you find out how to discourage the house sparrows, or for that matter the starlings...would you tell me?
Roy: I love them, so if they hang around, you will probably see tons of shots of them.
Grammie G: Thanks! Always nice to be someone's favorite :-)
Dorothy: Thanks!
George: I can't believe you guys got more snow...how awful for being in the "south". Brrrr....I hope we don't get any more.
Renee: Thanks for stopping by! I love those Creepers and hope to see it enough to learn more about it.
Gil:Bite your tongue! No more snow...I hope! This is "southern" Indiana!
Rose: Someone said I would have to keep pulling their nests out of the box....sigh...that sounds like work! I'm going to try to make my feeding less attractive to the House Sparrows, but that will hurt the Cardinals, too. I had at least 3-4 broods of House Sparrows last year....new babies all the time! They don't need the box!
It is refreshing to see signs of new growth.Over here I would have to dig through about 2-3 feet of snow to see any new growth,if there were any down there.I especially like the Towhee with the tail spread out.
Blessings,Ruth
Your bird shots are so great Mary.
You are so far ahead of us season wise, but of course we have all that snow here yet.
Love the bluebirds, and that Towhee is adorable!
B.
Ruth and Becky: I feel sorry for both of you with so much snow yet! I hope your spring starts to come soon. We aren't there yet...but at least it looks hopeful!
I love seeing your bird pictures, Mary. Wish we had Towhee's here. They are so pretty... I am posting bird pictures tomorrow ---and I have a new one (new to me) to show.
Hugs,
Betsy
Snowdrops are such a treasure to find in the beginning of spring. I wish I could see them this year too.
Loved your bird photos too. Towhee look especially fun - they always look so fat to me :)
Post a Comment