Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quilt class day!

Taking a quilt class today with visiting teacher, Janet Jones Worley, from her book "Quilts for Ice Cream Lovers". Should be a great class! I've been cutting fabic half the day. She spoke at our quilt guild last night and was a riot to listen to......very funny and lots of beautiful quilts to look at. I may post pictures later, if I'm not too tired when I get home. The birds will have to wait until another day :-)

2 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

These are beautiful. My mother (now 86) used to make quilts and crochet blankets for us. Her age is catching up with her now, so she can't really do it anymore.

Mary said...

I really love quilts! If you've never been to a really good quilt show, find one and go sometime. It is amazing what people do with quilts now days! They aren't just blankets to keep warm and cozy, they are amazing works of art. I've seen gorgeous nature quilts. Will have to do a post sometime from my quilt show photos. I'm an amateur comparted to what the best quilters do. My grandmother made quilts, but I never saw any...one little runner. By the time I came along, she was crocheting afgans instead.