Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pray for rain.....

Please pray for rain for southern Indiana and other parts of the Midwest that are in drought conditions.  They fear the corn crop is pretty well ruined in this area.  I went to the wetlands Thursday......
....and it is not very wet!  All of that dry dirt area should be covered with water.
 A few Killdeer were wandering around.
 I didn't even know there were big mussels in the water until the dryness exposed the shells.

An old dead turtle shell.
The Heron is still staking out his corner of the water.  I guess the fish must be really concentrated in what is left of the water.
 Waiting in the shade.  It was heading toward another day over 100.  I was so hot I didn't even care about taking photos and didn't stay long.
The one spot of color back by the creek.  Do you see the bee inside the first flower?
We really need rain!  Another drizzle fell today that didn't even soak in.  At least it is a sign of hope that rain might come soon.

9 comments:

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

I prayed just now. In fact the situation is the same in my area. Rain is delayed by more than a month now!

Dorothy said...

Good morning Mary! I think the whole world is dry!!! I know we are in MS. It's been unusually hot and dry for this time of year. The farmers are really needing rain. Iv'e heard that some areas are getting showers so maybe we will be next. At least the forecast is for cooler temps.
I like the second heron picture very much and those pink hibiscus are lovely! May rains come soon!

Janice K said...

Since the big storm a week ago Friday, we haven't had any rain up north either. It looked like Central Indiana may have had some yesterday....At least it cooled off. It feels good to have fresh air coming in through the windows.

Rose said...

Oh, Mary we need rain so bad...our heat wave broke yesterday. The high was 97 and we thought that was cool!

George said...

We could use rain down here as well. It's unbelievably dry.

Naquillity said...

we got a good soaking rain yesterday evening. so it's a lot cooler today. still we need more rain though. it's just been so dry for so long that it only helped initially, not the long haul. i went to the preserve last week and the pond had dried up considerably. i think everything is suffering in one way or another. here's hoping you get the rain you so need. have a great day~

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is sad to see the wetlands drying up.So many birds are affected,but worse still is the loss which the farmers are suffering.

Judy said...

We are getting that same hot dry weather this week. Last week, we had HOT humid weather, and the city was issuing heat alerts. The newspaper was able to bake pretzels on the dash of a car on Friday. Took less than an hour...
We really need a couple of days of steady drizzle, a good two inches coming down slow.

Becky said...

We're in the same bost here Mary. It has rained 2 times in the past 2 weeks, but never more than 5 minutes, and then it gets so hot again it dries up in minutes even at night. Thankgoodness it's cooler today. I've managed to keep my flowers watered, but take care in using too much from our well.
Beautiful pink Hibiscus??