Monday, July 2, 2012

Muscatatuck Wildlife Refuge.....

Most of these photos are from Muscatatuck Wildlife Refuge.  It was very hot....over 100 degrees.  There is a nice auto trail through this place so you can sit in your car and take photos most of the time.  
 This Meadowlark was at one of the wineries we visited, but I thought I would include him here.

 Young Grackles, I think.
 Red-winged Blackbird female.
 This Gray Squirrel was at the nature center's feeding area.

 We saw more Great Blue Herons than anything else.


 These two and another one didn't seem to get along.  I'm not sure if the one in flight is trying to make the other one go away or what it was doing.  The third one was chased over to the gravel road along this wet area.  Maybe there isn't much food out there for them.

 In the same area we saw this deer with her fawn.
 They worked their way along the side of this wet area.  Heron ignored them.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That looks like a great place to be. Lots of wildlife and birds.That is a photographers dream come true.

Naquillity said...

such a variety of wildlife there. wonderful shots. i'd love to visit this place one day. it would keep me grounded for hours. hope all is well. have a great night~

Dorothy said...

Great wildlife pictures, Mary! I'm jealous;-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Mary, Great pictures... Love the idea --in this heat--that you can stay in your car and take photos... It has been miserable here--but we FINALLY got a little rain tonight... Yeah!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Roy said...

So lucky to see the Fawn Mary, how lovely.

Rose said...

I have been wanting to go there, but for so long did not feel up to that drive....now I want to wait till cooler weather.

You are really getting some good photos.

A Colorful World said...

Marvelous shots of some great wildlife. You saw so many different animals and birds there.

Becky said...

That was a nice trip. Lots to see here.