Sunday, March 18, 2012

Squirrel Sunday.....Tucson!

It's Squirrel Sunday western style today!  I found a very cute "cousin" of Star's out here in Tucson. A little Antelope Ground Squirrel.... like our chipmunks back home.  He was stealing seeds under my sister's bird feeder....boy does that sound familiar!
"You mean I get to be a Blog Star today??"
 "How come I have to share the screen with these silly 'prairie chickens'?"
"There goes another one....get these quail out of here!"
 ("You're just as cheeky as your cousin Star back home....don't complain, I'm trying to make you famous")
 "Well OK.....but give me some more food"
 ("I'd say looking at your cheeks that you've had more than your share already")
"I've decided that being a Blog Star isn't much fun.....I think I'll just eat...go away!"
**************
I'm having a lot of fun here and yesterday I got to meet another blogger who lives here....Marie from A Colorful World and she also has a quilt blog.....check them out!
I hate posting photos of myself, but this is Marie and me in front of the fountain.  We met for lunch at Union where her son-in-law is the chef.....very good food!  I hope we might have another chance to meet before I leave for home.  

9 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...Boy there are some wonderful opportunities there for photos I wouldn't know what to shot first!
Yesterday's post with all the flowers is just amazing loved them so much ...the Towhee and the Flycatcher nice!!!!
Love your cheeky little Squirrel ..and Quail just wondering around very nice...but if there is snakes there ..I'm out haha!!
Nice you got to meet a blogger friend..and quilter to boot!! ; }
Grace
PS my eye appointment ..Tuesday..hope I stop coughing before then! grrr

Roy said...

The Squirrel is a tiny little chap Mary.
Great classic T Shirt.{:)

Rose said...

Oh, Mary, that is a nice picture of the two of you...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, So glad you and Marie met... That is awesome --and you have so much in common. So Neat!!!! I follow Marie's blog also.

Cute little squirrel and he does look like he's a big Chipmunk!!!!!

Love that quail...
Hugs,
Betsy

A Colorful World said...

I will remember Saturday's visit with fondness always....

Love the little ground squirrel. I have seen some here that are light brown and live in holes like little prairie dogs. I don't think it's the same little critter.

wildaboutwales said...

Our squirrels are thieves I wondered where the fat balls went then I caught one scampering over the garden fence with one in its possession. caught on camera grey handed as one might say

Becky said...

What an adorable little squirrel, and just as adorable is the story.
How absolutely cool to meet another blogger. I have yet to do so. I can see you are having a marvelous time. Just look at the smiles on your faces.
Hi to Marie...

DeniseinVA said...

I was happy to see the photo of you and Marie, always fun to meet a blogging friend. Great photo of the two of you, as were the ones of the chipmunk and the quail.

Kathie Brown said...

Lots of cute squirrels and I am so glad you and Marie were able to meet each other!