Friday, March 23, 2012

Home just in time for spring.....

We got home from Arizona just in time for spring to be bursting out all over southern Indiana!  Glad we didn't miss my favorite flower show of the year.
 Our apple tree is putting out a few blooms this year despite the fact we need to prune it.  Last year there were no blossoms and no apples.
I wouldn't have put this photo first, but Blogger always puts them alphabetically and I was too lazy to try to move them all around....which I find hard to do once they are on the post.  Usually I post one photo at a time in the order I want them.
 The white flowering crab is gorgeous this year so I hope that means lots of apples for the Waxwings next January!
 The full view of it.  I would like to plant another one of these on the dam where the pink crab apple was blown down.
 Our lawn is in desperate need of the first mowing of the year!  While we were gone it burst out in "wildflower" weeds.....dandelions, clover, henbit, the little yellow star ones I don't know the name of, and the little white ones I don't know the name of :-)
 The Dogwood 
 The Forsythia bushes are dropping their flowers and they look like little yellow flowers growing in the lawn :-)
 A few Grape Hyacinths.
 Henbit taking over the yard.....our neighbors are probably appalled at how the lawn looks at the moment.
 The lilacs are blooming!  I love the lilacs.
 Another shot of them.
 May Apples and Mystery Lilies coming up along the creek.
 Mike's blueberry bushes survived the winter and are beginning to flower.
 The Ornamental Cherry tree is just beginning to bloom.....more of it later when the tree is covered with these beautiful pink flowers.
 The Redbuds are lovey right now.  I only have a couple of wild ones down along our creek, but they are beautiful.

 Some tiny Jonquils that weren't done blooming.
 Violets.  I wish the color on this was better.  There isn't any sun shining today.
A closes-up of a few under the rhododendron bush.  Two colors....the dark purple and an almost white purple.
***************
I love visiting my sister in Arizona and seeing that part of the world, but it is always good to be back home!

9 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Oh, Mary! Your yard is absolutely lovely! I miss all this gorgeous spring flowering color! :-) And lilacs! Oh, how heavenly!!!! How nice to come home to so much splendor! Glad you had a safe trip home!

Mike said...

Best time of year I reckon :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Welcome back home. The blossoms seem to have taken over while you were gone.

Janice K said...

Such a beautiful world to come home to. Isn't amazing to see everything blooming now that we usually see the end of April or early May. It all seems to be happening so fast.

wildaboutwales said...

Even though we are having a real mild spring your flowers are more advanced our lilacs haven't even come into bud yet. did a red white and blue garden shots today.

DeniseinVA said...

Love this time of the year, and doubly enjoy when I can visit blogs such as yours and see what is growing nearby. Thanks Mary!

Becky said...

I sure do envy all the beautiful flowers you have at home. I actually can smell those Lilacs- My favorite!
Ours are just beginning, and now the weather alert on my computer is flashing telling me we are to get a frost tonight. I knew it would happen :~(

Rose said...

My lilac is just now in full bloom...otherwise, we seem about the same.

Cicero Sings said...

Wow, you really do have spring! How nice to come home to all those blooms. My own yard is still covered in snow.