I went back through my more recent files to see if there was anything I haven't posted. I just haven't been taking any photos recently! These were from Feb. 16, but I didn't post any of them at the time.
Bluebird female
Bluebird male found a piece of suet mix I made.
Cardinal male
Downy coming up under the suet cage. Interesting toes.
Downy on the stick
House Finch male....I haven't seen very many of them so far this year.
Mockingbird....a.k.a. Mr. Mean
Red-bellied Woodpecker female
I really need to get out somewhere and take some photos!
13 comments:
Hello There, Since I've been away from blogging for a week, I have alot of catching up to do. We had a wonderful trip to Arkansas --but it's great to visit with my blog friends. Hope things are going well with you.
Great birdie pictures.... AND--I love your quilt show pictures... WOW!!!!!
Glad you didn't get those storms there. Scary!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
What lovely birds you have around you Mary ! The female bluebird is such a precious little lady.
Thank you for thinking of me and your prayers. Everything helps, I even did 20 minutes worth of weeding today.
nice selection of birds Mary. all of which we do not see here in the UK
Yes, your birds, Mary, are so different to ours. Mr Mean does look as though his character might fit his name! Why are Mockingbirds called Mockingbirds, do you know? Those Cardinals are magnificent.
Great shot of the female bluebird!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
Lovely bird shots Mary.
Thanks everyone!
Caroline: The Mockingbird can mimic the call of dozens of other birds and that gives him his name.
Well,I'm glad you decided to post these. They are all great.
They are all good, but I thought the blue birds were extra sweet.
Wow the Bluebirds are just stunning little birds as are all the others you have photographed, but there just something about the Bluebird, I would love to see one. Mike.
That female bluebird is so sweet! Great pictures, Mary!
I have most of these, but I sure wish the Bluebirds would stick around. Not too many today. I guess it's too nice today. I had a big bag of beef suet hanging from the tree out front and a coon apparently found it and ripped the bag apart. Time to take the bird feed in at night I guess.
Don't you just love this time of year? So yummy!
Post a Comment