(I accidentally put this whole post in my quilt blog but was able to move it by copy and paste, which really surprised me!)
When leaving the wetlands on Tuesday, we suddenly saw a little group of 2 female Mallards and 2 babes come waddling over to us. They were so friendly that I assumed they were being fed or that someone partly hand raised them and turned them lose in the wetlands. They sure didn't act wild like they should have. They came right towards us and obviously wanted food......which I didn't have.
Very pretty and it made me want to feed them, even though I knew I shouldn't.
Stalking through the grasses in a dry area.
The babes were almost as big as the females. I can see the blue wing patch, so I assumed they were Mallards even though they seemed small to me.
"Why didn't you bring us food?"
They were so cute, but so close it was hard to get photos.
The babes alone.
One female and two babes.
10 comments:
Looks like they still had those fluffy baby feathers. So cute.
Hi Mary....I just love when the young ones are out a about ..so cute when they stick with Mom and Dad..and like most young people they then try their wings and of they go lol
Ps. I have changed my comment posting to a pop up form like yours, and I can now respond to my comments on my blog...I know of a few others who have done the same and I can now comment on there's
My identity box is filled in as my blogger name instead of select an account and the back and forth sign in game lol!!
Sweet little baby ducks, Mary.... I love seeing all of the babies this time of year.
Hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Betsy
Aren't they adorable. I just love baby ducks!
There is a wild duck sitting on 9 eggs right on a street corner by the local firehouse. She picked a grassy area close to a telephone pole. I can't wait to see these babies. At least the EMT's will be close by if she needs help. LOL
B
Very sweet! I would've been tempted to feed them too!!
Oh, I bet they were adorable!
I haven't seen any ducklings this year, so it was a treat to see yours!
They look cute. Just the other day my six-year-old daughter saw some females, and, noticing their heads were not green, she called them "Mrs. Mallards."
Wow! That is amazing that you were able to get so close to them! Love the pics!
Thanks everyone! I smiled at the "Mrs. Mallards", John. I tend to call female birds that, too.
Post a Comment