I believe this is a female Widow Skimmer, but it is the first one I have seen with black wing tips.
A close-up of head and legs.
She had a favorite iris leaf that she liked to cling to, so I knew where to aim the camera ....with a little patience. However, getting behind her was tough.
I also chased this butterfly around. I believe it is a Great Spangled Fritillary. Here it has a bee friend on the hydrangeas.
Finally got a shot with the wings open most of the way. My timing was way off!
A side shot of the wings always helps when identifying, also.
My friend has some lovely lilies!
Some were covered with water and I was trying to capture that.
Lots of colors, lots of beauty!
My posting schedule is going to get erratic again.....Wimbledon starts on Monday so I will be glued to the TV a lot, and our church VBS will be every evening, at which Mike and I are in charge of the crafts. I've got a few more things to post from Illinois and I'm enjoying watching my wrens....after that...who knows?!
7 comments:
This was a lovely walk through this garden.
Those are outstanding pictures of the dragonfly - it's hard to capture that kind of detail on a subject that is small and mobile.
Wow! So pretty.
Enjoy your VBS detail (I have one coming up soon.) and all the all the other fun things you are looking forward to.
How many dances have I been lead on by butterflies, frittering away my time while they flutter about!
A very lovely garden.
Hi Mary...loved this post with all the lovely flowers and butterly and dragons...very colorful!!
I can't seem to keep up with my comments lately...
Hope all is well!!
Gorgeous shots of the butterfly, well of everything else, too. But the butterfly and dragonfly are wonderful shots.
Once again it's time to envy all your awesome Butterfly shots. There are a few here, but not as many as I would like to see.
Pretty Lillies..Love the Dragons too!!!
B.
Post a Comment