One day last week, I look outside and there were a pair of Mallards swimming on our lake.

It was a beautiful fall day and I was pleased to see them.

I haven't seen them since, but maybe some more will stop by....especially now that the lake is full again.

"How did I get up here??"
(That's a very good question! Mouse decided to help watch the ducks. I have no idea how she got up on that rail considering her arthritic hips and "chubby" build.) This photo was before our 6" rain and the lake was low then and full of leaves.

"I wonder if there are any birds in that gourd?"
At least I can see how she got on this rail...by way of the glider.

"Maybe a short nap until the birds show up."

Mrs. Cardinal in the vine tree.

I got two shots before she realized I was watching her through the window.

Mr. C. having a few sunflower seeds.

A Junco digging through the leaves in hopes of something good.

A Song Sparrow helping. I kept hoping it would look up or turn sideways or some angle better than this one.
Rained most of today. Maybe some more birds tomorrow.
10 comments:
is mouse a mane coon. he looks like our sylvester,
You get the best bird photos! I am envious!
(I've been around - just terribly web challenged, darn it!)
we've had rain today, sigh... but, for now, it's let up. it's still dreary looking out there though. your bird photos are always so good. your birds cooperate quite nicely, allowing you to get some good close ups. i'd say Mouse enjoys watching the birds too. of course, for different reasons. hope all is well. have a great day.
Tony: I don't think Mouse is a Maine Coon. She is just a long haired cat...maybe part Persian?
Annie:I take most of my photos through the windows by the front door. Hard to not get decent photos when the birds are only a few feet away.
Naquillity:As I said above...I'm taking most of these from a few feet away through a window and it is pretty easy to get photos. Mouse doesn't show a lot of interest in the birds except to just watch their movement. I think she knows she can't catch any.
The Mallards are so pretty as are the Cardinals.I sure hope your Kitty didn't catch any of the birds.He looks well fed,so probably doesn't need to go after birds.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi Mary, We have had alot of rain also--but don't think we have had as much as you have... We did have a flood warning in our area this morning...
Neat pictures of the Mallards.... Love also seeing your precious kitty..... Bet that kitty would love to 'play' with your birdies... ha ha
Great pictures of the Cardinals --and I love that Junco.
Hugs,
Betsy
Lots, and lots of rain here! I'm sick of it, but then again you know what it next..
Love your home birds Mary, and the cats fit right in. Mine spy on my birds daily, but so far, they're too slow to catch any.I think my Maggie is about the same size as Mouse...
B.
...love the deep charcoal of the junco. Ours have been few and far between this year. Hopefully the cold will drive them back to the feeders! Love your shots of Red!
I enjoyed seeing Mouse up on the rail. It looks as if she had a good view. I'm glad you got enough rain to refill the lake.
Ruth: My kitty is too fat to catch birds and really just likes to watch them move around.
Betsy: Thanks...we've had two good days of rain and really needed it to catch up what we didn't get all summer.
Becky: Two of my cats are 15 and Mouse is slow, so I don't worry about them catching birds. It would have to be a sick bird. They get more excited about bigger things like ducks or squirrels or skunks.
Kelly: I don't have too many juncos yet, but am sure I will have more as it gets colder.
George: I really don't know how she got on that rail! She can barely get on to a low chair, her hips bother her so much!
Post a Comment