While wandering around the wetlands on Thursday and Friday, I did take some shots other than the Green-winged Teal.
The grasses in the meadow are fluffy and gone to seed. I'm sure the Goldfinches and sparrows are picking them over. I always see a Goldfinch or two take off as I walk along.
I just like all the color and textures.
A different type of seed head.
Some pods
As I crossed the boardwalk that goes across the slough, I was appalled at the lack of water! This dried up area is usually under water. There is a deeper area further to the right.
The dried up area gave me a look at what other critters are hanging around. Now if I only know one track from another :-) I'm guessing maybe raccoons or something of that sort and I see bird tracks as well.
Hmmmmm.....
A Sandpiper went dashing across the dry area at one end and disappeared! I guess it went into the reeds. No idea what kind.
The remaining water gave some nice reflections.
When the "wetlands" aren't wet, it turns the world upside down!
Still water in the creek, but much lower than normal. This is where the gang of Mallards, the Teal, and the Canada Geese are hanging out. Lots of duckweed to swim around in and there must be food on the bottom, because they were doing a lot of "bottoms up" searching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Love the bottoms up photo and your header photo.
Oh My, it definitely is dry there! Not so here! We have been having heavy rains and a heavy rainfall warning is issued for today! It is so wet out! We want to go over to Maine this week to buy some fabric, but we will be monitering the weather as part of our route is on a gravel road in the middle of the woods. I don't want to encounter wet problems there. Your Canada pictuires in the duck weed are lovely as well as the grasses and seed pods. When it dries around here I want to go in search of dried grasses as I bought a tall vase at an auction on Saturday, the vase will remain empty during our rainy season.
Have a great day, Ann.
I love some of those grass pictures and of course the reflections,how pretty.
Blessings,Ruth
You sure do know how to make dead grass and weeds look good!:)
I love the Mallard with the duckweed all over him!
Even with your dry conditions you still manage to see lots of good stuff Mary. I like the dried grasses too, and I might do what Ann has done and bring some inside.
B.
Hi Mary...Just love that last photo ...they have balance that I don't seem to have!!
I sure hope you get some rain soon ..we could afford to sent you some after last nights rain!!
those are gorgeous pictures of the marsh and birds...you have captured them all so very well.
The dried seed heads give us beauty when summer has passed :) Sorry it is so dry.
The synchronized "bottoms up" gave me a chuckle :)
Grasses in fall really are lovely ... how they catch the light.
Very dry here too. Our poor lake is disappearing. A dry, late fall. If we don't get a good snow pack this winter ... I don't know what next summer will be like!
You always find some interesting things to shoot, Mary! Love the Ducks and the reflections!
You are just so lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place. Your pictures are fabulous.. Love seeing the ducks.
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment