Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Meet me at the "Frog's Head" part 2.....

More of the Frog's Head regulars. "He said meet me at noon in the bar....where is he?"
"I told her to meet me at noon on the lower level....where is she?"

"mmmmmmmmmmm"

"I hate sitting here by myself....I hope she gets here soon."
"Sing it, girlfriend!"

"I'm new here....what do you have on tap?"

"10 minutes....I'll give him exactly 10 more minutes to show up and then I'm leaving!"

"Oh, oh.....I think I was late again."

"You know there's a reason why I usually drink at the Green Cup instead of here."
(This poor chickadee could barely reach the water....time to fill the fountain!)

"Ha! That's sooooo funny!"

"I didn't think it was very funny....did you?"
OK....enough silliness from the Frog's Head.
I think it's time to leave now.
(NOTE: Caption contest in part 1 below in case you missed it yesterday. Open until late Wednesday night.)

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Mary, you really have a lot of different kinds of birds enjoying the fountain! I should get one for my birds.

Cicero Sings said...

The bird sure love a burbling fountain! Mine is shut down for the winter and has been for some time -- in expectation of heavy frosts that haven't really come this year yet. Just a couple of nights have dropped down to -4 C.

Love all your creative little captions.

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...I think your captions are just to funny : } ...you sure do get a lot of different vistors don't you.
Sing it girlfriend is my favorite and the chickadee upside down real cute!!
Have a good day!!

George said...

I can see why the Frog's Head is so popular. You have a great cast of regulars and have given us some wonderful captions.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

The birdies LOVE that fountain, don't they????Wish we had one... I have a bird bath --but no special fountain Love your captions.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

So I'm on war with my squirrels because they've been eating my bird food (no matter how I try to out smart them by hanging the feeder in different locations & heights!) and they even tore our screen so that they can eat the bird food that were in my screened in porch! My question is, what kind of bird feeder should I get to keep them from feeding? I seriously need help on this and Mommy (who is visiting us right now by the way) says I should ask you. And I went, how did I not think of that?!! :-)

Hope all is well with you and uncle Mike!

Mary said...

Dorothy: They do love the fountain, and it is so dry this year that they may not be finding good water elsewhere.

Cicero: I may try putting a heater in my fountain this year. Usually I remove the frog ball and replace it with a dish over the winter with a heater. I'm not sure it can heat the foundtain enough to keep it bubbling.

Grammie G: I'm going to miss watching them if I have to turn it off this winter.

George: I've never had so many varieties at the fountain as I have this year.

Betsy: I love it to. Mike made it for me from that frog ball which is just a dense foam that he drilled a hole through and ran tubing.

Abi: LOL....I'm firmly convinced that there is no such thing as a "squirrel proof" feeder :-) I'll email you a possible type, but it's easier to just give them their own feeder and hope for the best.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! A good one Mary. :)