I can always count on finding something of interest at the wetlands. Saturday and Sunday were especially good days. Maybe because it was overcast and few people were there, the birds were more active. On these two walks I saw: Red-wing blackbirds, Grackles, Starlings, House sparrows, Song Sparrow, Chickadee, Prothonotary Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Cardinal, Robin. A hawk over-head, Canada geese, the resident ducks, and assorted birds I heard or couldn't see well enough to identify.
A Yellow-Rumped Warbler landed on this little branch in the water right in front of me! That doesn't happen often :-)
Such a pretty little thing. here you can just see the yellow on it's head.
Some sort of fungi out on a log in the water.
Curious little House Sparrow female stopped for a second on the rail.
Water Strider....I always like the shadows they cast making their feet look big.
This Grackle was exploring a log in the water and I watched it for awhile.
Sitting in the young maple tree.
This nest was along the edge of one of the boardwalks in the meadow area....could barely see it.
A pretty little purple flower. My wildflower book is terrible and I always give up on trying to identify the flowers. Some sort of vetch maybe?
Some sort of fungi out on a log in the water.
Curious little House Sparrow female stopped for a second on the rail.
Water Strider....I always like the shadows they cast making their feet look big.
10 comments:
Nice selection , love those turtle shots.
...great photo of the little Butter Butt! They are so cute. I haven't seen a muskrat in a while. Nice photo...
I counted 10 turtle heads before I enlarged and 12 after! If you find out what that hanging flower is, the one above the muskrat, try to think and tell me. I enlarged it but still couldn't tell.
Tony: I never run out of turtles!
Kelly: I hope this is the real nest and not a "dummy".
Rose: I believe it is Orange Honeysuckle.
Your walks are so fascinating.Thanks for allowing me to tag along.
Ruth
You certainly had some great sightings at the wetlands and got great pictures. Thanks for taking us along.
Perfect pic of that Warbler! It was like he wanted to pose for you.. I finally got to see what a 'Red-Eared Slider' was at our local Audobon society, and they are different than our painteds! See, you taught me something. :)
Oh how I love those Yellow-rumped Warblers, Mary.. I had one at my feeders for awhile during the winter... SO pretty!!!!
Love your turtles... How many? 11 or 12?????
Glad you had a great day at the wetlands. Even the flowers are so pretty!!!!
It's raining at the beach today--so this gives me an opportunity to catch up with some blogging, some reading and some SLEEPING.. ha ha (What a life!)
Hugs,
Betsy
Lovely pictures from the wetlands Mary - definitely worth a visit. A x
Ruth: Thanks!
George: Thanks!
Renee:We were watching one swim yesterday and that "red ear" makes them easy to see as they move along.
Betsy: I'd say you are having a great time....look forward to photos.
Anne: Thanks!
Post a Comment