We stopped by
Fragrant Farms in New Harmony, IN yesterday to see the peonies and iris. What a wonderful place! I love seeing the masses of peonies spreading across the fields.

A distant shot of the masses of peonies.

....and the resident cat who always greets us when we come and walks through the flowers with us :-) Through that gate you can see the vineyard.

My favorites....a single petal variety of red with a yellow center. I must get one of these!

Here it is....almost like a large rose! Gorgeous!

One of the pink varieties with the frilly center.

I love the whites that have the touch of red in the center area. I have this type.

I like this pale pink one.

The multi-petal reds that are more common than that single petal one.

This farm also has iris mixed in with the peonies....masses of color!

The purple makes such a nice backdrop for the peonies.

I thought these were wonderful.

More of the dark purples

A peachy colored iris.
A wonderful place to visit in May!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
11 comments:
What a lovely place to visit. beautiful colours. Its a damo, rainy day here, the only beautiful colour of the morning is my newly planted yellow rose, a gift for mother's day. Have a wonderful day. Ann.
Beautiful flowers Mary. Happy Mother's Day.
Hi Mary, I like peonies --but i LOVE irises... That last peach-colored one is fabulous...
Happy Mother's Day!!!! We're home from the beach --and I'll post in the morning. Had a wonderful time --but it's nice to be home.
One of my sons is visiting me on my 'special' day today!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy
WOW! If I ever get to go to this place,I might never leave. :) The pictures are gorgeous.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth
Very lovely stroll through the peonies. Still waiting on my pink, but my whites (also with the hint of red in the center) have out done themself this year.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun blog
Heirloom Goods website for photography and knit
Photography By Leedra blog
What a riot of color; Roger and I were just talking yesterday or the day before about what colors peonies come in...here you showed them.
Happy Mom's day!
Thanks everyone...it is a lovely place to go just to take photos.
Rose: I think there are other colors, too. The common ones around here are the different varieties of red, pink, and white, but I believe there are yellow ones as well.
What a lovely name for the farm Mary. The peach colored iris is stunning.
What a beautiful place. Your pictures are lovely.
An Arkies Musings
Wow what a beautiful place and wonderful way to spend Mother's Day weekend!
What a gorgeous post of colors Mary! I LOVE Poenies, and I honestly can smell them from here.
I just hope mine didn't get frozen.
B.
Post a Comment