It's SkyWatch Friday and I'm showing some of the sky from last week's trip we took to the area of Indiana around Seymour, Clifty Falls, Madison, Vevay, and Rising Sun to finish off my posts from that trip.
I chose this shot for the moody sky, but the one below shows this wonderful figure on this old Firehouse tower in Madison, IN in better color.
I really love this!
Mike took this one, I believe and I love the afternoon light shining in the window. Wish I could do away with the traffic lights and wires.
There were several old men sitting out in front chatting with people who were passing by.
Another moody sky shot behind an attractive steeple. Don't know why Mike took this on the slant!
A neat little cemetery and fence.
The building looked its age.
Another interesting steeple and I have no idea where I took this one.
Vevay had a lot of neat houses and I like the roof on this one....
....and its matching garage.
Beautiful mural. I love to see buildings use their sides for murals.
A strange bush....don't know what it is but it was on the waterfront in a park.
The historic Steven's house....see the sign below for information.

A mansion overlooking the Ohio River in Vevay. Not really that attractive, but interesting.
15 comments:
Is the mural on the wall a picture how Madison used to be I love these old towns there are so many inbetween Joburg and Cape Town and people never stop to look at them such a shame Great post Mary.
That was quite a trip Mary. Great new header, quite a large family.
Great variety of wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting them!
I enjoyed this trip with you.Lots of great scenes,but perhaps my favorite is the last one.I hope that tree is far enough away to be able to drive around it.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi Mary looks a nice trip. I think the bush is having a 'bad hair day' and that the church is not on the slant its on a steep hill, Mike was straight its the church that was sloping.( us guys stick together you know) Have a good weekend I am just off to eat Birthday cake our grandson is three today. XXXX Don
Great pics, I LOVE covered bridges, very neat! And I love the barn and horse too.
Beautiful photos. I like photos from old town and covered bridges it's simple but classy. Happy Friday!
SkyWatchFriday
Love the photos, Mary - including the Swallow and Bunting. Thought you might like to read my interview with Crafty Green Poet here.
I have really loved this series of pictures...I love church spires and older homes and barns...
Awe Shucks, Mary... I'm sorry that this is the end of your trip pictures... I've enjoyed all of them so much.
Love all of the sky pictures today --along with the towers and chimneys. That home (and garage) in Vevay is fabulous.
Thanks again for taking us on your trip!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Mary: You added so much beauty with all your objects in the sky, nicely captured.
What a very interesting trip Mary. I really like your Skywatch post. Perfect for the old firehouse.
B.
I've enjoyed your trip and this is a good way to finish it up. I really like the weather vane on the firehouse.
Phillip: I didn't see any explanation about the mural but assume it is how the town looked many years ago. There are a lot of neat little towns along the Ohio River that have murals on some of their flood walls.
Thanks everyone! We love to drive around areas like this and just wait to see what interesting things might come into view. My favorite way to travel.
I love that weather vane!
Post a Comment