...you carry a camera around and pretend to be a bird photographer. I mean really....birds DON'T LIKE to have their photos taken! They will do their best to keep you from getting a good photo....it's their nature! They fly away. They hide. They move the minute you click the button.
Today at Blue Grass was mostly one of "those days". Can you see the bird in the photo? Don't blame you, if you said "no"! It's there....don't ask me what kind of bird (female Indigo Bunting maybe). Almost every bird I saw was so far away, that even with binoculars, I was having trouble making identification.
How about this one????.....there it is....in plain sight!
My personal favorite to show what a poor photographer I am! LOL! I knew when I tried for that one that all I was going to get was grass....but I took it anyway!
We saw several Dickcissels, which obligingly settled at the top of the small bushes and trees and gave me the best shots of the day. This is the typical distance.....
....with some cropping (too much cropping) I can tell what it is!
This one decided to turn around on me.
Here it is peering over the top of a leaf....good for hiding behind and obscuring the photos!
Number three at its best. Of course I know that the reason these aren't good is not the fault of the bird, but of the photographer, but it makes me feel better to blame the bird! I have to have some excuse for not having any good photos for the day :-)
Daisy patch with thistles along the side of the road.
Up-close daisies
Robin singing on a sign.
Now this is more like it!....something that doesn't move and that lets you get real close to take photos! I think I found my calling!
(NOTE:I found two local cemeteries with several of those log tombstones, like we saw a couple weeks ago at Muscatatuck in the Barkman Cemetery. I am going to post more photos of them in my other blog....This, That, and the Other Thing and hope to find out something about the local ones. They were fairly elaborate and all had a similar look.)
8 comments:
The trials and tribulations of being a bird / nature photographer!! :) You always do good though my friend.
Yes I know the feeling Mary, I get those days.
beautiful photos! don't worry, i'm sure you'll get some up close bird pictures in no time! :)
Oh Mary, Ain't being a birder just so much fun?????? ha ha ha.... You need a 'blind' to sit in --where they can't see you. I only photograph my backyard birds ---and do it from inside the house (where they can't see me).... It's fun--but I agree; it is HARD.
Hugs,
Betsy
I have those very same problems. All the warblers I try to photograph fly away every time. It gets so frustrating.
I guess we just have to keep trying.
You did good under the circumstances.
B.
Joan: I guess the "fun" is in the looking and the trying :-)
Roy: Some how your shots never look like you have that problem :-) You take such beautiful and well focused shots.
Ashley: Thanks for stopping by!
Betsy: Backyard is definitely less frustrating!
Becky: If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again? I think I read that somewhere recently :-)
beautiful photos
PPC Advertising India
THOSE kinds of photo days outnumber my good ones, Mary! LOL! We were at Monument Circle on Sunday (went elsewhere first, then decided to park and walk around the monument). Of course, I had to TRY to get photos of the peregrine falcons. They're on the 31st floor! I'm sure you can imagine how fuzzy my shots turned out. But it was still great to get to see them "in person" and not through the falcon cam.
The daisy patch is really pretty. We've seen the log tombstone at Muscatatuck, too. Our wildlife photos were lacking, though. They didn't want to show themselves the day we were there.
Post a Comment