Saturday, May 1, 2010

Odds and ends for the week....

We made a brief trip to Blue Grass on Thursday.Saw my first baby geese for the year! This little family was crossing a field as we drove by.
I couldn't get very good shots of the babies....but so cute!

Always Killdeer hanging around in the gravel parking lots.

Mike took a couple shots of this heron fishing along the edge of one of the lakes.

It showed up pretty well against that dark clump.

Baaaaaaaaa!

Friday I stopped in Mouteau Park on the way to the library to see if there were any birds or butterflies to be seen.
One Meadowlark peeking out of the tall grass! Good thing they are yellow, or I would never see them.
A nice Eastern Kingbird stopped for a moment.
Clouds were gathering over the lake for the storms we were getting later that night.

It was so windy, that I didn't see any butterflies, but took a few flower shots.


White seemed to be the flower color of the day :-)

Earlier in my own yard.....
......the geranium

The Rhododendron is starting to burst into bloom. I think I need to shorten it a bit or remove a few tree limbs.
I hadn't noticed the little brownish spots before.
Suppose to rain all weekend, so this is probably it for a few days.

4 comments:

grammie g said...

Mary those little goslings are so darn cute, I can't hardly wait to see the turkeys when they bring there little ones to the fields!!

Rose said...

Love the one of the geese--the top one. That looks like the mama in back giving those babies a piece of her mind.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I enjoyed the wild flowers,and the birds.Thanks for the time spent in nature.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love the geese family.... How sweet.....

AND--I love seeing your Rhododendron blooms. SO pretty. Hope you are high and dry today..

TN is getting tons and tons of rain. We are on the way to the beach in NC today ---and I keep hearing about all of the rain and storms in TN today... Hope I have a home to go back to.

Hugs,
Betsy