Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nothing to post....

I hope that everyone has a happy Memorial Day weekend!
I haven't been posting much because:
1. I have nothing to post
2. I've been quilting
3. I've been watching the French Open Tennis instead of taking photos.There were a few shots still in the camera. The Chipping Sparrow wanted the suet, but so did the little Downy.
You can see by the top of his head that he is young and doesn't have his color yet.
Another baby trying the feeder for the first time....baby Chipping Sparrow.

Dove....one of about 6 hanging around the driveway.

One of the male Goldfinches on the rail.
This is a black dragonfly I saw at the wetlands....anyone know its name?
Sort of a "Darth Vader" dragonfly all in black.
I could see a Waxwing sitting on this snag in the water....easy profile to recognize!
However it wasn't anything more than a silhouette shot....so I jazzed it up a bit with some purple color for the background :-)
That's it.
Got company coming over the weekend. Don't know when I will post again.
Everyone have a nice weekend!

16 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hmmm! Tennis time again is it? :) Enjoy it!! :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I really like that Waxwing silhouette.The soft purple makes it look like a sunset.Have a good Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

Quilting ... good for you. I should be doing some of that but at least I have an excuse at the moment ... the sewing room is converted into a guest room! Hope you are making good progress and we look forward to seeing the results.

We had a big pileated at the window feeder yesterday!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

For someone who had nothing to post, you had PLENTY... Love the silhouette of the Waxwing. They surely are birds that are easy to recognize, aren't they?????

I laughed and laughed at this little immature Bluejay trying hard to fly to one of the feeders. I watched him as he sat on the rail for a very long time. He'd fly to the other side of the rail ---and go back and forth for the longest time. FINALLY, he made it to the plate feeder --and I'm sure he was proud of himself.

Have a great weekend ---and enjoy your quilting and the tennis matches.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Tennis instead of taking photos Mary, you have been watching Roger again haven't you???

Jenny said...

Hope you're enjoying the tennis Mary. Lovely p;hotos, I love that last Cedar Waxwing one the best. Sorry that I can't help you with Darth? (-:

Philip said...

Mary I love that Goldfinch such a beautiful colour more bright yellow than our weavers :)

Nishant said...

Hope you're enjoying the tennis
PPC Advertising India

Mary said...

Joan: I confess...I'm a tennis junky.

Ruth: Thanks...I thought the purple was rather prettier than the real sky color :-)

Cicero: I just finished a quilt top for our bedroom. Will get around to some blogs today, I hope.

Betsy: Your little bluejay sounds funny...hope you have photos.

Roy: Yep....Roger it is...or Nadal! Although there is still one American in the tourney! Hated to see Murray get beat.

Jenny: Dragonflies are such a pain to ID at times.

Phillip: They are very colorful and really stand out at the feeders. The female isn't as bright, but she is pretty, too in the summer.

Nishant: Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

Tony nile life said...

Hope you had a good weekend, I have never seen so many dragonflies and damsels but only 4 species the black winged ones are in the hundreds, go back to the blog, I put last nights feeding frenzy of the sparrows,

Carletta said...

Mary, if you call this nothing to post then I want all my posts to be just like this one. :)
Wonderful captures!
I also love the baby mallards below. I've been so busy I missed baby season this year. Cute shots you have.

abb said...

Life gets in the way! Hope you post photos of the quilt you're working on. Off to your other blog to see.

Shelley said...

Great selection of birds, nice to see the baby Downy. Hope we get to see your beautiful quilt when you're done!!

Becky said...

I figured you would be glued to the TV.:) Even though you have nothing new, these are still great and I love looking at them.
B.

Lindy said...

That's quite a header shot, Mary! I haven't been able to get any worthwhile baby geese or duck photos this year. =(

Nice series you've shown us, even though you're busy quilting and entertaining. Hope you had an enjoyable holiday weekend.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh that Cedar Waxwing shot is AWESOME!!!!!!!!