What a wonderful day I had yesterday....God started the day with a new bird for my life list!
Northern Parula Warblers at the wetlands!
What a pretty pair they are
They seem to be hunting for bugs or something on the railings.
Geese babies! Another wonderful gift!
Cardinal female
Bluebird
Green Heron....poor shot, but a wonderful gift just to see it.
Red-Wing Blackbird posing on the cypress.
His Mrs. on the cattails.
Wild iris along the water's edge
At home, the blessings continued. The Song Sparrow.
Mockingbird
Catbird
All of the birds are in a feeding frenzy at the moment.....I guess there are a lot of little mouths to feed in the nests!
The Chipping Sparrow was loading its beak with suet.
I believe the lady has a choice of suitors here. The two male Cowbirds were really showing off while she pretty much ignored them.
The Downy down under.
A fat fluffed up House Finch. It has been cold and windy and that might be contributing to the rush at the feeders, too. I had at least 4 male House Finches after not seeing any most of the winter.
The Goldfinch
Grackle.
Usually by Mother's Day I have baby woodpeckers coming to the feeders. I haven't seen any yet, but am guessing it won't be long.
15 comments:
The perfect birthday!!
Happy birthday for yesterday my dear friend. I wish I had known it was your special day but I am going to write it down so I can wish you on time next year. :)
By the looks of it you had a wonderful day and besides, it is not everyday we turn 30. :)
Happy Birthday and what wonderful gifts!
This was a WONDERFUL birthday Mary!!! God bless you and Mike each and every day!!!
Joan: LOL! That's a gift right there....thinking about being 30! I remember how we all thought that was "old" once upon a time a long time ago :-)
Peggy: Thanks! My blogging friends are special gifts.
Eve: Thanks...we are blessed and I hope I never forget it.
Happy birthday Mary!! Thanks for showing some of your gifts to us they're awesome!
Hi Mary,
Happy Birthday! We enjoyed seeing all of the bird pictures! Some of them are new to me, too. You are doing a great job with your photography!
Lots of fabulous bird photos here Mary. Those Warblers are a really interesting colour.
Thank you everyone...it was a very nice birthday. God is good!
Happy Birthday Mary! I didn't know that it was your day! So sorry I missed it. It does look like you had a wonderful day, and all those birds Wow! Such wonderful pictures! I have only seen one warbler so far.
B.
Happy Birthday, Mary. I'm glad you had such a great day at the wetlands. You've got some wonderful pictures on your special day.
A Happy Birthday to you.Yes,God did give you the most wonderful gifts and I thank-you for sharing them with me.
Blessings,Ruth
Happy Birthday, Mary.... Sounds like you had a wonderful day---and got to see most all of your special birds.. They wanted to come and see you and wish you a very Happy Birthday!!!!!
What a wonderful day. I'm so happy for you... Hope your sweetie spoiled you also.
HUgs,
Betsy
Happy birthday (and bird day) to you! Wow, Northern Parulas! What an excellent surprise for you.
:-)
I've never seen that warbler - thanks for sharing~!
Thanks everyone....I was tickled pink to see those warblers! I love adding warblers to my life list.
Post a Comment