We were walking back to our car after a wetlands visit, when Mike spotted this little Mallard family along the edge of one pond.

Mom and 2 of the kids on the log.....

....Mom keeping an eye on everyone....

.....3 more nosed into this grass clump snoozing.
I was amazed that she didn't take them and swim away with us standing so close to them.

"Hey....wake up!"

Time for some grooming.

This was the only movement I saw the mother make while we were watching....she turned her head and combed a feather or two.

Look at all that soft downy feathers on the back.....not babies, but not grown either!

This one decided to get in the water and cool off and clean up a bit.

Sometimes you have to scratch.

All cleaned up!

Very alert Mom supervising the bath time.

Time to leave them alone and let Mom relax.
7 comments:
How sweet.Watching these little families is so interesting.
Blessings,Ruth
Cute series of Mom and the kids!! Love that last photo with them all cuddled up..adorable!!!
Great pictures of the Mallard family, Mary...
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Wonderful photos Mary. I guess ducks and birds in these areas get used to people being so close.
I really enjoy reading your blog .
PPC Advertising India
great family pictures! Ann
A very enjoyable post! Mama Mallard looks very pleased with her babies. Loved the dialogue and comments!
Post a Comment