I haven't had any SkyWatch photos for awhile, but the other night there was a beautiful sunset!
Early....
......ending!
For more Skywatch photos click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to the Skywatch team for all of their hard work to keep this going.
Since it was Thursday, we went to Hartman Arboretum to search for butterflies and had some luck.
A Spicebush Swallowtail
Mike took this one.
Trying to get it with the wings open is always hard, but with this butterfly I actually like the closed position better.
A small white one not too well focused, but I liked it with the purple flowers.
For more Skywatch photos click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to the Skywatch team for all of their hard work to keep this going.
Since it was Thursday, we went to Hartman Arboretum to search for butterflies and had some luck.
20 comments:
Great sunset shot...the colors are amazing...beautiful butterflies also, the first one looks so delicate...and that caterpillar looks real! All great captures.
Mary- What a great collection of photographs. So many interesting things in there. On Wednesday, I also saw a three parted narrow leaf cat-tail. Very interesting. Great butterfly shots too.
Tom
Lovely! And I agree - I like the butterfly closed.
Gorgeous skies Mary!
The butterflies are gorgeous and to see all of them in one day - how nice.
I love the shot of the three different bugs together - how cool is that!
Great macros!
Just a wonderful post!
Have a wonderful weekend.
My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.
Oh, beautiful! I love the colors in the sky. and the butterflies. and the flowers. and ... oh, I just love it all.
Lovely shots. We are still cloudy in My Muskoka, but having granddaughter here has been fun!
Lovely, lovely, lovely!! WOW!! Those are fantastic butterflies and bugs Mary and the sunsets are stunning!!
Mary: Beautiful sunset for SWF. Did you ever finish your quilt? I love the butterflies and the wonderful job you do with ID's.
All these shots are beautiful Mary and the sunset was spectacular! A x
Lovely sunset photos Mary and you have such amazing butterflies over there, that spicebush one is fabulous! Lots of good bugs too. I like putting names to things as you know, but there's just toooooo much to know, best to just look and enjoy sometimes.
The sunset pictures are stunning.I also enjoyed the Butterflies and bugs,great shots.
Blessings,Ruth
Love the sunset pictures...the are so beautiful. And I enjoyed all the butterflies and bees.
Oh, and thanks for sending me the slideshow of the country churches. Weren't they just beautiful? Which reminds me, I wanted to forward those on to some people.
Hi Mary, Great sunset pictures... I love watching both sunsets and sunrises (when I can make myself get up early)...
Your visit to the Arboretum must have been joyful also... Love seeing the butterflies and caterpillars.
Thanks for a great post.
Have a wonderful 4th.
Hugs,
Betsy
All are beautiful, Mary, but that first butterfly picture is OUTSTANDING!
Your sunset pictures are absolutely gorgeous! You also got some wonderful pictures of butterflies and bees. But I noticed that you had Japanese beetles in a couple of your pictures. I'll be glad to send you as many as you desire -- they really do a number on our roses.
Thank you everyone who stopped by! A few answers or comments:
Tom: Are 3 parted cat tails like that fairly common?
Fishing Guy: Yes, I finished the quilt and posted it in my quilt blog in May.
Rose: I knew you would like those churches :-)
George: I couldn't avoid the Japenese beetle, since it was right there by the caterpillar, but I dislike them greatly....please keep yours :-)
Love ALL these pictures Mary. I'm SO waiting again for butterflies. I've only seen a couple, but then again with all this rain we can't expect any yet. I plan to "raise" Monarchs again this year. Love the Bee in the yellow cup. It would make a wonderful framed picture!
B.
These are fantastic! Love the caterpillar and the butterflies are beautiful. I've had to visit a butterfly garden to see the ones you have captured here.
These are wonderful Mary! I have a Silver Spottted Skipper here and YOU got the photo!! Good job! This was fun, thanks for taking us!
catching up but stopped to comment at this one, love the photos of the sky and the caterpillar.
Post a Comment