Thursday, July 23, 2009

Think Green Thursday....

This is my first time on Think Green Thursday (and I think I posted too late). I try to think green all the time, and not just because it happens to be my favorite color. We lose more good environment every day by our thoughtless actions....cutting down trees, clearing habitat, using wasteful products, not recycling, etc. I took this photo at Hartman Arboretum today and was struck by how lovely the Monarch looked on the green background of Sedum. Every flower we plant helps the bees, the butterflies and ourselves! The owner of this land, has put his own personal space to use to provide habitat and to grow lovely plants that thrive in our local area. They open it to the public one day a week, for all to enjoy. I love to go there and walk around the butterfly garden taking photos. We need more places like this!

Thanks to Rambling Woods for starting this weekly meme dedicated to being green! For more "green" posts, click on the icon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary..you aren't late. This is a very small meme. Last week there were only 3 bloggers so I am very happy to have you. You are so right on with this post and I hope that more people are becoming aware and concerned with the environment...Michelle

Becky said...

I like green too Mary, especially in January. LOL
Still waiting for butterflies.
B.

Leedra said...

You have some wonderful butterfly photographs on your sidebar. I have never seen the Question Mark with wings open, although I have a photograph with the wings closed. Love the Monarch in the middle of the sedum.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Dorothy said...

Good for you, Mary! We all need to be more 'Green" every day. We should leave this planet in a better shape than we found it. Beautiful picture of the Monarch on the Sedum.

George said...

This photo is a great celebration and message on the importance of green.

abb said...

What a gorgeous photo! The contrast between the monarch and its green background couldn't be more perfect!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photo for a "Green" meme, Mary. There are so many important things that we can do as humans--to save our planet. We all need to think green.

Hope you have had a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Better late than never Mary. A beautiful post in any case. Love the butterfly on the green background.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! This is an interesting fairly new meme that I have been meaning to try. Check it out!

Mary said...

Leedra: I noticed that you had a good photo of it! I like how you did both the open wings and closed wings of each butterfly in your photos. I already have so many photos on the sidebar, that I decided to stick with just the open shots mostly.

Eve said...

Now that's my kind of green!!