Sunday, July 19, 2009

Squirrel Sunday......caption contest #2

Time for the second "Squirrel Sunday" caption contest, but not starring "the Star".
While we were in Olney, Ill. looking for white squirrels several of their grey cousins stopped by to pose also. So here is the photo awaiting your best caption. Just leave them in the comment spot.
Captions:
1. Arija: "if I stay very, very still she won't see me"
2. SAPhotographs (Joan):
"Aw shucks!! You are not REALLY going to take my picture are you?"
(winner!) 3. Lindy MacDuff :
"Oof! Why did they put the corn this way? Don't they know I can eat it faster when it's horizontal?!"
4. Strawberry Jam Anne: "Oh no! I've been caught out again!"
5. Rose : "Peek-a-boo, I see you! "
6. Becky and Gary : "Can You See Me Now?"
(I hope I didn't miss any....a couple of people left comments, but not captions)
I'll choose a winner or winners by the end of Monday night and add your captions here under the photo as they come in. Prizes will be awarded, but don't get too excited at the prospect :-)
I like this shot, too.

Pleased with his peanut snack.

Walking...
....climbing...
.....eating....
That about sums up the life of a squirrel!

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

Great Photos! Happy Squirrel Sunday to you!

Arija said...

Hmmm, thinks...."if I stay very, very still she won't see me"
That sucked my brain dry, it is almost mid-night and past my bed-time.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

"Aw shucks!! You are not REALLY going to take my picture are you?"

What a cute pic Mary. Love it.

Lindy said...

Oof! Why did they put the corn this way? Don't they know I can eat it faster when it's horizontal?!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Oh no! I've been caught out again!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Forgot to say - love the pictures. A x

Richard Lawry said...

Looks like a pretty good life to me.

An Arkies Musings

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Squirrel Sunday, Mary. Yes--I agree. Their entire goal in life is to EAT.... Does it help them to stay away from your bird feeders IF you feed them corn???? I hate feeding them anything--but would love to keep them away from our feeders.

Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

How about:
Peek-a-boo, I see you!

It is a cutie! I miss our big trees just cause of watching the squirrels in it. somehow or other with them across the street, I don't notice them playing near as much.

Becky said...

"Can You See Me Now?"
What a cutie!
B.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Neat squirrel shots.

abb said...

OH! A contest! I'll be around for the next one. Good captions there.