I really enjoyed the meadow at Oaklyn Library and will have to go back there soon.
I finally found a blue butterfly!
I never realized they would be such teeny, tiny little things! There were 2-3 of them flitting around among the flowers. I believe this is an Eastern Tailed Blue.
It gets two photos since I have never seen one before.....wish it would have opened its wings more!
Then I spotted several blue damselflies. I do not know the names and I do not want to look them up. Dragonflies are hard enough....damselflies are beyond me. However, I could tell that this one with a blue body and blue tail tip is different than .....
..........This one. Now when I zoomed in on the computer on this ones head.....
.....does it have something in its mouth, or is that my imagination????
18 comments:
Seems like you had a blue day Mary. :)
Hey dont stop with the critters now!! I am loving them all. :)
I love to see all the little flying things. I'm just now beginning to see a good many butterflies on my Zinnias. Love to chase them and try to get a good shot.
Very nice, Mary.
Very nice, Mary. I've never seen a BLUE butterfly before. That is special!!!! Glad you saw him along with the other critters.
Hugs,
Betsy
Joan: I like them, but sure wish I'd see some nice birds for a change.
Dorothy: I've seen more new types of butterflies this year than in the past. I think I am noticing more.
Helen: Thanks!
Betsy: I had not seen a blue butterfly either and did not realize that it was probably because they are so tiny that I had looked right past them. This butterfly is only about the size of my thumbnail.
Hi Mary, I think this time of year is always less of a bird time and more of a bug time. You're getting some great shots....yes, some of those damselflies are way too difficult to ID. And yes I do that that damsel was eating a small flying bug, I think it looks like a wing of some sort.
Another great looking butterfly and nice shot, this post sound like me and my wife when we are out walking, she shouts over quick a orange one, a brown one, some long thingy, so funny lol :).
You got great pictures, Mary. I thoroughly enjoyed your blue (and not so blue) captures.
Pretty blue butterflies - we get some here occasionally and they are tiny too. A x
Jenny: I'm glad you confirmed that damselfly was eating something. Would love to know what! I like finding surprises like that.
Mike: I think your wife and I would get along. Mike gets frustrated with me, because I don't always hear him when he is trying to get my attention :-)
George: Thanks...it is certainly a good time of year for bugs.
Anne:Thanks...I first saw blue butterflies on some of the English blogs, but didn't realize they were so tiny. Now I know what I'm looking for!
I am enjoying the bugs and bees.Our weather is so cool that we have very few insects around.
Blessings,Ruth
Ruth: I enjoy them, but I enjoy cool weather, too :-)
I would just like to capture on of those little butterflies, wings opened or closed, I don't care which one. Nice that you were able to get some photos.
...that little blue butterfly is very, very pretty!!
These are great Mary! Love the damselflies. They are had to learn too. I knew mine up north, I have a book for northeast Odonata but will have to look for a better book. Actually my friend told me which to get but I'll have to look that up too!! I love the wild beebalm!
Leedra and Kelly: I love the little blue, too and now that I know it is so tiny....about thumbnail size...I will be more aware of it!
Eve: I have decided to remain ignorant about the names of damselflies :-) I think the first one is a Blue Fronted Dancer....Becky guided me to a site...but I give up on the others.
Mary: Those were some neat insect captures.
I am sure enjoying catching up with your photos...wish I felt like I had time to enlarge a bunch of them.
Post a Comment