It seems to be my week for swallows. When we went to the wetlands, there were a bunch of young ones around.
These 2 look old enough to feed themselves, but they kept flapping away hoping mom or dad would come with some food. They didn't seem to mind me walking up near the railing.
The faces and attitudes they struck were so cute and comical at the same time.
They were pretty little birds and I took too many photos, of course....but I liked them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Lovely shots Mary!! You have caught them in all kinds of poses. :)
Joan: Thanks! I know I over do it, but when I find something I like, I can't stop taking photos.
These guys are so cute Mary and I LOVE your garden post below! You did a great job getting the dancing cabbage white! You have such a wonderful eye. My new computer should be here today so I'll be excited to get back to posting. This laptop is not fun to work with.
Eve: Glad to have you back! New computers are nice once you get them all set up with your favorite stuff!
These are about the cutest things I've seen lately! Love their expressions! You got some great shots!
They are so adorable...I love their little faces. These are some of the best pics I have seen of them.
They are so very sweet. I love them.
Mary: What neat photos of a bird I see mostly on wing flying over the lake.
What a sweet little bird - lovely shots Mary. A x
Dorothy: They had such cute expressions I couldn't resist posting lots of them...too many.
Rose: They sat on the railing not wanting to move, so I was able to get close.
Jill: Thanks!
Tom: I usually only see them swooping by, too, so this was fun.
Anne:Thanks!
Great bunch of phots Mary. Love all the poses. They are comical when young and so graceful after that! Glad to see in the comments, that Evie should have her comp so soon. (-:
You certainly captured many interesting and somewhat funny expressions.I like it.
Blessings,Ruth
Those babies are just the cutest. Wonderful how close you got.
Oh what sweet pictures, Mary, of the swallows... Love the "Feed Me" ones...Their cry is just so pitaful. You'd think they were starving to death.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
Very nice series. It does seem they are out in high numbers right now.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Such great comments Mary. They all fit perfectally ! The swallows were here earlier, but didn't stay. Must be they didn't like the neighborhood! LOL.
B.
Jenny: Thanks! I was glad to see Eve will be up again soon, too.
Ruth: I suppose it is silly to make birds "think" like humans...but I'm always doing it anyway.
Arija: I was surprised they sat there, too.
Betsy: Baby birds seem to be very universal in their pathetic cry for food...and so cute while doing it. These seemed pretty good sized, but they sure were begging.
Leedra: this was the second day in the week, I saw swallows. Maybe they all just fledged recently.
Becky: Can't imagine why with all the barns and such in your area :-)
These pictures of the barn swallows are just wonderful.
What wonderful photos of such wonderful birds! So glad you shared them with all of us!
Post a Comment