Saturday, November 5, 2011

Carolina Wren....

I saw this cute....and fat....Carolina Wren at the feeder the other day.
"Where's that seed lady...this thing is empty!"
"Not one crumb left.......greedy sparrows!"
"Now what do I do???"
"Oh, wait!.......she usually has some of that other suet stuff up there!"
"OK....this suet feeder if mine.....so stay away from it!

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

Cute pictures of the Carolina Wren! I was passing by the dining room window and saw a Carolina Wren perched on the back of a chair on the back porch in the bright sunlight. It would have been a great photo op, but by the time a got the camera, he was gone! Maybe I'll get him next time.

Faye said...

Hi Mary-getting back with you re your "Friday Fences" comment on my blog. Here's the link to the post I wrote on Kentucky barn quilts: http://summitmusings.blogspot.com/2010/01/kentucky-barn-quilts.html

Just checked Blogger post stats and over 600 people have checked out "Kentucky Barn Quilts". Such a popular subject.

Happy hunting whether it be birds or quilts. You seem to have good luck with both!

Faye said...

Let me see if I can get you a direct link to the barn quilts. This doesn't always work. :-)

Kentucky Barn Quilts

Ruth Hiebert said...

He is cute. I sure hope he stays around and shares the winter with you.

Mike said...

Great looking little bird, big fan of Wrens, Mike.

Janice K said...

She does look fat! I haven't had any of them recently. They are so cute to watch and such hard workers.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes---he is a 'fatty'... Getting ready for a long winter I'm sure!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

These are great! They are just the most adorable bird and have the best song.

wildaboutwales said...

Hi mary the little wren is ao different from the ones we have in Wales nice shot, I have made cages on my feeder with different size mesh. mainly because the Starlings were eating everything first there was one after a few days there was 10, I also find that now I can stop the greedy sparrows from taking the smaller birds feed . 2" mesh is ok for the wrens, blue tits and birds of similer size, 3" lets the sparrows at the feeder of pea nuts, we have quite a few blackbirds and thrushes but they prefer to eat berries and scratch about in the bushes later in the winter when the berries have finished I will put some apples out for them .

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...So precious and the photos of little Wren are just adorable!!

Grace

Becky said...

I saw a house Wren last week at my feeder, but only got 1 poor shot before it left. Carolina's are so cool!
B.

A Colorful World said...

Lovely little Carolina Wren!