The Titmouse is always one of my favorite birds! They always seem to be smiling and happy :-)
I had a couple of them checking out the seeds and suet the other day. I have had a lot fewer birds hanging around this summer and fall and hope they are returning for winter food. Of course with the price of sunflower seed, I can hardly afford to feed them!
I made a brief stop at the wetlands the other day, but didn't see too much of interest. Always some turtles on the logs, if I keep real quiet.
There were about 6 Mallards hanging around under a large fallen tree, doing some preening.
A lovely male taking a swim.
Hiding near the trunk.
In the marsh area there were 3-4 Coots. This one was standing on this fallen log.....
.....the others were swimming....
.....then they all thought the log looked like a good idea. Not much room there for everybody!
"Oh, all right! I'll go somewhere else!"
10 comments:
Those Mallards are always so good looking. I have noticed a decline in birds around the feeders as well.
I wanted to get out to the strip pits the past two or three days and have yet to do it...I don't think I would see half as much as you show here.
Great shots of the Titmouse what a little character Mary.
HI Mary....One of my very favorite feathered feeder friends the Titmouse..your is so cute!! I can't believe such a little fellar can have such a loud call as they do!! : }
Thanks for the card : }!
Grace
You always have such interesting pictures.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I have virtually no garden birds at the moment so not many pictures but I love to look through the blogs and see what everyone else has got. You are the only one with turtles.
I haven't had many birds either except the resident House Finches.
I like Mallards. They are always colorful.
B.
Love that first shot of the Titmouse! We don't get them in my neck of the woods. They ARE really cute.
That titmouse is wonderful! He has always been one of my favorite birds! Great shots of him and all the others!
Thanks everyone! I think anyone who sees the Titmouse and the Chickadees loves them just because they are so cute and clever and fun to watch :-)
Post a Comment