We saw one pair of Mallards at the wetlands. While the male kept guard, she decided to do a bit of preening and cleaning. I think it was a little like a "fan dance".
I loved getting to see her pretty blue wing patch so nicely.
The finale
Flutter, flutter, flutter
(applause)
Happy duck :-)
There used to be 7 "manky" ducks.....domestic/wild mixes on the front pond. Now there is just this one lone beautiful greenish/black one. I feel sorry for it. It seems lonely and swims around quacking to itself or at anyone who visits. I hope it finds some companions again.
Hi Mary...Oh my goodness..are those Mallard ever adorable and funny...great photos...I always love the bottoms up ones!! The poor lonely duck, its colors are so is prttey!!
I love the series of the mallard preening! She does have to look her best in the spring, before she becomes a worn out mom! I love the colour of the last duck. I wonder why he is shunned by the others...
These are beautiful ! I love to watch them too. As far as the "manky" I think the mallards aren't very accepting of them. The one we have had off and on here, is frequently shunned by the others. It's kinda sad. :(
Believe it or not, Sarah had a pair of mallards the past few days...actually out what would be the alley. But they did come up to her house a couple times to scrounge around under her feeders.
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
15 comments:
Well she needs to look her best at this time Mary.
Hi Mary...Oh my goodness..are those Mallard ever adorable and funny...great photos...I always love the bottoms up ones!!
The poor lonely duck, its colors are so is prttey!!
You capture great action shots here.Yes,this lady needs to look her best to keep him interested.
AHHHHH how adorable I love Mallards such petty birds. The ugly duck sure is UGLY. XXX Don
Really nice series of pictures. That last duck is like none I have ever seen before.
I love the series of the mallard preening! She does have to look her best in the spring, before she becomes a worn out mom!
I love the colour of the last duck. I wonder why he is shunned by the others...
She's definitely a fashionable mallard who wants to look her best! cute photos!
I miss mallards and other ducks so much!! Can't wait until winter is over. For now - thanks for showing us these adorable creatures - they're so fun!
You captured her whoe "toilette"!
She's so lovely! Maybe getting ready to go out on a date :)
You captured her beautifully!
Gorgeous shots Mary. So clear! She really put on a show.
That manky duck is beautiful.
B.
These are beautiful !
I love to watch them too.
As far as the "manky" I think the mallards aren't very accepting of them. The one we have had off and on here, is frequently shunned by the others. It's kinda sad. :(
Believe it or not, Sarah had a pair of mallards the past few days...actually out what would be the alley. But they did come up to her house a couple times to scrounge around under her feeders.
Lovely series portraying the daily wash and brush up.
I'm loving the clarity of your pics! Great shots.
Post a Comment