Friday, March 11, 2011

Last few images from the wetlands....

The last few photos from our last wetlands walk. We were very excited to see Kingfishers, but I couldn't get a good photo. Here is one blending in with the trees around it.
You can see both of them here, but so far away!

One of the boardwalks was flooded, but the geese don't mind. Private swimming pool?

A Red-bellied woodpecker was working on a hole high up in a tree.

We were curious about this large nest of sticks.....Something large like a hawk maybe?

A gray squirrel was scampering along the forest floor.

He was in and out of every spot he found and headed away from where we were.

A reflection I liked.

9 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...I like that reflection to!!
I like that Woodpecker with his head in the hole..cute!!
I see something green on the forest floor there, that sure looks good to me!! : }}

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the Kingfisher shots.To see two at once is pretty amazing.Of course you know I love the reflection shot.

Mike said...

Nice collection of pics here Mary.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I like that last reflection picture too... NEAT... AND the Kingfisher is gorgeous...

How are you? When is your surgery? Hope you do well. Keep me posted.

We had a great trip to GA for G's birthday...

Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Me again... I just remembered that your surgery is on the 14th... You are in my prayers...
Love,
Betsy

Janice K said...

A Kingfisher....how exciting. Last summer when we visited a wetlands near Fort Wayne, I was taking a picture of something else only to discover after I had transfered the picture to my computer there was a Kingfisher in it...I never saw him at the time.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I was excited to see two Kingfishers together! A mated pair, I hope? They were flying around the creek area along with those Flickers from the other post. Kept us busy trying to watch all that action at once!

Betsy: Yes, the surgery is Monday. I'll leave a reminder on the blog and I'll have Mike post something when he has time as to how I am doing. Will go home on Thursday of next week. Will be busy with PT for several weeks afterwards.

Rose said...

I have been wanting to capture a kingfisher for a long time...but I never even come close to catching one sitting still.

George said...

I'm another one who likes the reflection photo, but I also like the picture of the geese pondering their swimming pool.