Friday, March 18, 2011

Hello...I'm alive and feeling pretty good :-)

Well, it's Saturday and I'm home and feeling pretty good! Surgery went well. Lots of pain during physical therapy learning to reuse my knee correctly (seems like it shouldn't be that hard :-) I'm walking around the house well and using stairs without a problem. Still using the machine they give you to work your knee passively. Rehab a couple times a week. All in all I feel pretty good today, but don't expect any photos for awhile of birds. Mike has been so busy taking care of me, he can't keep up with feeding my birds, too. I'm very blessed to have a wonderful caregiver to take care of me. Mike has been super! I appreciate all the prayers and good wishes you have sent my way and know that they helped my recovery. This is the first day I have set down at the computer, but I look forward to catching up with all of your blogs eventually. I hope you keep checking the eagle cam....the baby eagles are so cute! I had the nurses at the hospital looking at it and asking me about them while I was there.

9 comments:

Rose said...

I got your note earlier and was so glad to see you were home!!! I have been checking your blog daily...thought you might post here first. Sounds like you are going good if you are going up the stairs.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Mary, It's GREAT to hear from you.. Glad you are feeling better. You do have a wonderful caregiver --just like I did when I had my knee surgery.

You must be looking at a different web cam than I am. My Eagles haven't had their babies yet. There are 3 eggs in mine. I watch them ALOT....

Take care and continue to improve.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great to hear that you are now on your way to good health.I'm sure Mike gives all that care with an extra portion of love added.
Ruth

Jenn Jilks said...

Rest and recovery, that's the ticket!

Roy said...

The Bionic Woman returns.{:)
Glad you are OK Mary.

Richard Lawry said...

Hope your recovery continues as planned. We can't wait until you are again able to provide us with your wonderful nature photos!

An Arkies Musings

Janice K said...

Glad you are home and feeling pretty good plus having someone special to take care of you.

I did get to see the baby eagles..so, so cute. Thanks for telling us about the website.

me ann my camera said...

Hooray for you Mary. You seem to have handled the surgery and everything that goes with it so well. You sound great! Husband caregivers are treasures to have as helpers when you're off your feet. Get well soon. i bet you're so eager to give your new knee a workoutr whwn you;re fully restablised on both legs. You will enjoy your nature photography so much when everything is back to normal for you.
Ann

Kerri Farley said...

So glad things are going well!!