The day we went to the wetlands, there were 3 Flickers flitting all over the place. One female and two males who were trying to get her attention.
She would sit in the tree somewhere with her back turned and the two males would do a lot of tail displaying and chasing each other.
"She's mine!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
LOL! I bet that was fun to watch! :)
Amazing captures of the tail display.I like all the detail that can be seen.
How neat to be able to observe their behavior and capture it for all of us to see. Thanks!
Hi Mary...Men fighting over a women, a tail that never ends .
Well at least their's is seasonal, and not a constant!!
Nice photos of the ordeal,hope all ended peacefully with a "flicker" of the eye from another female. lol
This is a great photo sequence and description of romance -- Flicker style!
Awesome captures! I LOVE to watch bird behaviour. You got that one "winging away" wonderfully!!
Such is life Mary.
I love all the displays these birds go through this time of the year. Good catch Mary.
B.
I don't think I have ever seen a flicker spread his tail feathers like that! I would have had fun watching them!
Post a Comment