Thursday, November 11, 2010

Odds and ends....

I've got a lot of photos of my home birds from the last couple of weeks. Here are a few of them. This Robin was in just the right spot for me to take several photos from all sides.


They really are pretty birds when you study the colors around the head.

A "different" view of the Chickadee....or is that a different view of ME by the Chickadee?

"I see you!"

I'll take Chickadees and Titmice any way I see them....right side up or upside down.

A House Finch female. I used to have a lot of House Finches, but I wonder if the House Sparrows have driven them away. I've had a lot of ones with eye problems in the past, so maybe some died.

Perfect balance.

Another Chickadee. I read somewhere that one way to tell the Black Capped from the Carolina is that the Black Capped has a more "ragged" looking black area at the throat. This one looks pretty ragged.

The Titmouse enjoying a long drink from the cup.
The Blue Jay didn't show up in time for my "Frog's Head" series, but it likes the fountain, too.
More home bird visits tomorrow.

8 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Those Robin pictures turned out especially fine!

Don Wood said...

Nice shots Mary. I love to see birds anywhich way too. My parrakeets make me laugh some of the predicaments they get themselves in trying to get food.

Anonymous said...

For "odds and ends" these images are pretty special Mary.

Dorothy said...

These ARE special, Mary! You have some great vantage points to make pictures from. Have a great day!

grammie g said...

Hi Mary..Those are real nice photos of the Robin often an overlooked bird except when we get so excited to see them in the spring!! ; }
The Bluejay is a very pretty bird ...but to bad he has to be so greedy!!
PS.. Renee has s flock of Snow Bunting on her post this morning!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, Great pictures of the sweet little birds.... The one thing that puzzles me here is that our BlueJays leave us in Fall---and don't come back until Summer. Wonder where they go--since they are still around TN....... Maybe they just leave Fairfield Glade --and go 6 miles down the mountain to Crossville... ha ha

Oh Well---I still have plenty of birds ---and I'm happy about that....

GREAT pictures!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

I love shots of the house birds anytime. Last week I saw a flock of Robins here. Very late migraters I would say.
Washed my windows yesterday and put out some peanuts. We'll see if the darm Bluejays steal them all.
B.

George said...

It was nice of the robin to pose so nicely for you -- you got some great pictures of him.