The Carolina Wren is a busy little bird.....here, there and everywhere.
It likes the suet and will check out all of the suet cakes.

Notice the tail stuck out for balance
He checks every feeder. He doesn't eat sunflower seeds and I don't buy much else, but he does peck at the peanuts that I have been sprinkling in the dish for the Titmice and Chickadees.
When he is on the ground, he hops around so fast that usually just about the time the camera focuses, he has moved to a new spot.
Back to the suet....back and forth, back and forth....busy at all times. It can hang on to just about any surface. I wish I had a shot of when it perches on the edge or side of the garage somewhere. Like the nuthatches, titmice, chickadees, and downys, it doesn't seem to mind whether it is right side up or sideways or upside down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
They are busy little birds, for sure! If I catch one still long enough to get a picture, I count that a good day! Nice shots of it today!
Hi Mary.. busy,busy,busy; to bad we can't keep up like that!!
I would have Christmas shopping done wrapped, tree up and lights all stung, baking done, been out caroling with the church, whew!!
Now I sound like Martha!!
He sure is a cutie!!
I like the Wren stare and the one on the garden path plaque, but they are all cute!!
PS How is that knee doing??
He is adorable,and like our House Wren,seems to be very busy
Blessings,Ruth
Haha! I love the "Wren glare"--perfect! They are so busy and so much fun too... Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Such a clever little bird, beautiful shots of him.
Your pictures always come out great Mary. I tried to get shots of my Carolina Wren the other day but he didn't cooporate like this little one!
Great pictures, Mary. I had a Carolina wren come to my suet cake, but only saw it one morning.
I love wrens and I dont get them in the garden in the 20 years we have been here I think I have onlys seen 2 or 3 but I have my regulars to keep fed so if the wren dosnt like the company who am I to change things.
what a beautiful carolina wren. it seems rather curious of its new surroundings. glad he/ she is eating well.
hope you and your family had a wonderful thanksgiving.
You got wonderful pictures of the Carolina Wren. We certainly enjoy them around our feeders.
Thank you everyone! I will try to get caught up on blogs later today now that company is gone.
That little wren is so cute, and does pose so nicely for you. Wish I had one or two...
B.
Post a Comment