Sunday, September 22, 2013

Little "bandits" visit in the night.....

I flipped on the deck light the other night and caught these two very cute little "bandits" trying to raid my bird feeder.
 "I've heard this is a good place to find food"
 "OK....watch my back....I'm going up"
 "How do you get into this thing?"
 "I don't know....what's in there?"
 "Look around....maybe there's a key hidden down there somewhere."
 "I'm hungry!  Haven't you got that open yet?????"
"Let me try!" 
"I think I can reach some seeds under here." 
"There's an opening you can get your paw under, but I can't get much" 
"We'd better get out of here soon" 
"Just a couple more minutes!" 
"Oh, oh.....I think she saw us!.....let's go!"
"Oops....I meant to do that!"
They were so funny, I didn't have the heart to scare them away.  At least not before I took photos :-)  They let me open the door just a crack big enough to take photos, without letting my cats get out.  They didn't run away until I finally chased them away.  That was when the one almost fell off the railing but caught himself just in time :-)

8 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Mary I really enjoyed watching these little fellows and it was very considerate of them to let you take the photos!

Janice K said...

I know what you mean. They can be so cute but such mischief makers.

I had some steal a bird house completely off a pole similar to that. I never did find it. Apparently they took it home with them.

Ruth Hiebert said...

They are cute,but may be back soon for more free food.

Dorothy said...

Hi Mary, I enjoyed your pictures and your captions! They ARE cute but can be quite a pest.

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...Dang-nabit those little varmints sure can be persistent!!
To bad they are so darn cute!!

Real cute photos though made me laugh at your captions!!
Love those last two : )))

Grace

Mary said...

What a great series of shots. They put a smile on my face this morning. Thank you for sharing the pictures and commentary. Cute!

Rose said...

They are just priceless! Coons are so cute.

DeniseinVA said...

Adorable little rascals! Great photos :)