We went for a two day visit to Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge in the southeastern part of Indiana. We have gone there every year for the last few years. It is a lovely place and it would be wonderful to live near it. It's about a two hour drive from where we live. The first day was nice and sunny and we saw quite a bit. The second day was gloomy and raining part of the time and my photos are not so hot for that day. Gave me a chance to play with the new camera.
First day: I'm just posting these in no particular order. Saw lots of Red-winged Blackbirds in the high grasses along the waterways.
I was thrilled to find this group of swallowtail butterflies! Three Tiger Swallowtails and I think the black one is a Spicebush
Pearl Crescent?
Saw a couple of deer over the two days we were there.
Took one walk in the woods and these were two types of fungi we saw.
I expected to see lots of geese babies. There was one family with 6 babies.....
....and one family with only one. We saw several other pairs but no babies with them.
Killdeer
Mockingbird
This raccoon ambled across the trail in front of us when we were walking in the woods.
Huge spider.....I don't know spiders, but thought it was very interesting looking!
Brown Thrasher digging in a yard.
The trail we hiked.
Just a reflection I liked.
A wildflower in the woods. Should know the name, but can't think of it.
Will post more later.
11 comments:
Nice collection of photos.Lovely to see the butterflies as i have not seen many over here (UK/NI) due to the cold still.
Margart
Beautiful butterflies Mary.
Beautiful! You certainly captured a lot of beauty.
Hi Mary, Congrats on the new camera. Your photos are GREAT. Looks like you had a great time at the wildlife refuge. You saw lots of critters of all kinds... Looks like a nice place to take a walk. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs,
Betsy
I loved the picture of the mama and papa geese with their babies swimming all in a row. Precious!
You got some wonderful photos! Love all those butterflies.
HI Mary...Love those butterfly shots!
I haven't seen any yet :(!!
How darn cute is the Mom and Dad Canadian Geese with the little troop!! : )
Love all these except I don't care at all which spider that is or how big the snake was eeeeks!! ; )
Grace
What a wonderful place Mary. Stunning butterflies and those fungi! Wow! I think you're liking your new camera! (-:
What a lovely place to walk! That spider almost looks like a tarantula!
Just wonderful! Otters and raccoons...baby ducks. I'm amazed!
I would love to see that raccoon in the wild! Thank you, Mary, for more lovely photos.
Post a Comment